Thread: "MATCH" 168 gr. JHP BT made by SAMSON.........What you know????

Default "MATCH" 168 gr. JHP BT made by SAMSON.........What you know????

What do you know about this Ammo........??? Any idea what it is worth.........??? I just found 5 boxes, they are in a sealed plastic bag.

Assuming .308, isn't that Israeli stuff? Made by IMI? Probably pretty good stuff.

No prices but it took me about 30 sec to find this there is plenty of information if you goggle it.

longhunter [Member]
    3/2/2008 7:42:17 PM
    Samson is the European brand name for Israeli Military Industries,mainly sold on the European market but sometimes showing up in the US market.

IMI ...US market

Can't say with 100% certainty but I think Amerc loads their ammo in Florida using IMI components
    7DC [Member]
    3/3/2008 12:50:29 AM

Don't worry, that's top-quality Israeli-manufactured ammo. I bought the same stuff from Widener's a couple years back, but only after doing research to make sure I wasn't getting A-Merc crap. IMI and A-Merc have (or had) a marketing agreement under which the .308 150gr FMJ was manufactured in Israel and distributed in A-Merc branded boxes. I confirmed this a couple different places, including a government filing where A-Merc discussed their manufacture of smaller calibers, then said:

Lostinthewoods
    Registered

FALaholic #: 10524 Join Date: May 2003

Samson Ammunition??

I was just given 200 rounds of Samson .308. 120 rounds of 150gr FMJ and 80 rounds of 168 gr. Is this stuff any good? I did a search and found that it is made or imported by IMI. Thanks.

June 08, 2004, 13:06 #2
    yovinny
    Registered

FALaholic #: 7679 Join Date: Oct 2002

I've shot plenty of the 168gr, headstamped; IMI 308 WIN, blue & white box, blue color primer sealer. Still have about 3/4 of a case left, started with 4 cases about 12 years ago. Very good ammo, on par with any of the other match ammo. Fed, Frontier, Win, Black hills, etc. I have a bunch of 308's with different preferences, but my M21 actually prefers the Samson brand best, .5"- 5 shot groups @ 100yds In short, YES, good ammo.
    Cheers, YOOO VINNY

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Thank You......