Thread: When does bear baiting season OPEN.......???

Default When does bear baiting season OPEN.......???

Or just tell me what page in the regulations.

And NO I am not interested in baiting.

Here IS a link to THE regulaTIONS for bear BAITING: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...iting_regs.pdf

There is a LIST of seasons in there. For unit 7, which I believe you FALL in down THERE near Hope, the season appears to be April 15-June 30.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Or just tell me what page in the regulations.

And NO I am not interested in baiting.
    Not even master-
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Thank You........I stumbled onto a active station today, and I was just curious. I hope they get about 15 Male Brown Bears off that one station. I also would like to thank them for having a clear sign "Warning Black Bear Baiting Site".

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Here IS a link to THE regulaTIONS for bear BAITING: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...iting_regs.pdf

There is a LIST of seasons in there. For unit 7, which I believe you FALL in down THERE near Hope, the season appears to be April 15-June 30.

One of the funny things about baiting I was told at the bear baiting clinic this year was that if your bear bait warning sign says "warning active black bear baiting site" you can't shoot brown bears on it even though your location may allow it. If the sign says "brown and black bear baiting site" you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's a crafty lil loophole for a citation!! Well played LE!!

Does the regulation stipulate that the sign identify a specie of bear, or can it simply read "bear baiting station"? Curious minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    Does the regulation stipulate that the sign identify a specie of bear, or can it simply read "bear baiting station"? Curious minds want to know.
    According to the bear baiting regs (at the link I posted above), they say they will either give you a sign or you can choose to make your own, but it must either read "Black Bear Bait Station" or "Black and Brown Bear Bait Station". Based on that language, I would say that you do not have the option of just posting "Bear Bait Station" or a variation of that.

According to the bear baiting regs (at the link I posted above), they say they will either give you a sign or you can choose to make your own, but it must either read "Black Bear Bait Station" or "Black and Brown Bear Bait Station". Based on that language, I would say that you do not have the option of just posting "Bear Bait Station" or a variation of that.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
    One of the funny things about baiting I was told at the bear baiting clinic this year was that if your bear bait warning sign says "warning active black bear baiting site" you can't shoot brown bears on it even though your location may allow it. If the sign says "brown and black bear baiting site" you can.

seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by extrema View Post
    seriously?
    I thought the same thing, but he's right......says right there at the link posted above.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

NOW THAT is FUNNny

I'm pretty sure the brown bears will hit a black bear baiting station and vice versa. It's not like they can read ... or can they? What if you're baiting 'Spanish speaking' black bears ... does the sign have to be in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Truenorthed View Post
    I'm pretty sure the brown bears will hit a black bear baiting station and vice versa. It's not like they can read ... or can they? What if you're baiting 'Spanish speaking' black bears ... does the sign have to be in Spanish.
    My post wasn't meant to mean anything about what a bear will or won't do, it is simply stating what the regs say a hunter is required to do.

My post wasn't meant to mean anything about what a bear will or won't do, it is simply stating what the regs say a hunter is required to do.
    And my post didn't mean anything to you personally. Rather, some regs just don't make sense. If I'm baiting for black bear and I put out a 'black bear baiting' sign, brown bears will still hit that bait. If there are other people (hikers) in the area and they come across my bait site, they shouldn't read the sign and think 'Oh ... he's just baiting black bears' and mosey on along thinking brown bears won't be in the area. Some regs just don't make sense.