Thread: B & J -vs- Sportsmans Warehouse

Default B & J -vs- Sportsmans Warehouse

I have shopped both, and if I have my preference it would be B&J. The service there is awesome. I am not sure what Tommy & Alfonso do to get all their energy but those 2 are going highspeed all the time. I have always recieved good advice from them. Sportsman Warehouse gets a lot of respect from me as well. They have offered a 10% discount to me on several occasions because I am retired Military. I don't shop there to get the discount, I shop there however because they give the discount. In short anyone that pays respect to the armed forces will get my buisness when its possible.

Default Second that..

Those guys are great. I'd shop there w/out the mil discount (although it is nice, both monetarily and for the thoughtfulness - I don't consider it a marketing/business ploy). I'm getting ready to PCS back to the lower 48 for a while (I'll be back as soon as Uncle Sugar let's me), when I told Alfonso he gave me his home # with an invitation to look him up to go fishing any time I happened to be in town - like I said, great guys..

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Both places are good.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Trust Worthy in Soldotna

Trust Worthy in Soldotna always does me right. They really know how to treat locals and especially the guides. I find there prices to be better than anywhere else.
    Marc Theiler

on the Creek

B&J's will give Military discount as well...I have gotten good advice from "dude" about shrimping and whatnot...I prefer B&J's..

Eagle River/ Juneau

B&Js carry SPRO jigs, AKA the best saltwater jigs I've ever seen in Alaska
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

B&J is more expensive, but with the service and information they've given me, it's been worth the extra money. On the other hand, with the price of fuel these days, I will shop around.

Default B & J

I prefer B&J. Tom & Alphonso go all out and are willing to share a wealth of knowledge. I couldn't get anyone at Sportsmens Warehouse to answer basic questions. I bought a fishing reel at Sportsmen's Warehouse and asked them to put the line on. The service person acted like I was a thorn in his sock.

Tom & Alphonso had several customers while I was there and they seemed to run around and keep them all happy. Tom even gave me his home telephone number so I could call him later because he couldn't answer one of my questions but he knew he had the information at home.

Shopped them both but prefer Trustworthy Hardware when in Soldotna.