Thread: OTC Tag?

Default OTC Tag?

I lived up there for the last four years and this year I moved away. I loved it but things changed so my living situation needed to also. I have been looking online at adfg website and it seems you can possibly get OTC tags without the draw? Now most of these areas are way off the main way but I was wondering if I was correct in seeing this online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of tags that you can get without needing to go through the draw. These are typically referred to as "harvest tickets". They show up in the hunting regs as "HT" on the right side in a particular unit. I don't know the details if you are no longer a resident (trying to get non-resident harvest tickets), but as a resident, I can log in on the website and just pick which ones I want and print them out and head out into the field the same day. This goes for moose, bear, deer, etc...

They are not necessarily the more remote or hard to get to areas either. You can get HT's for moose and bears in pretty easy to get to areas, you just have to realize that you will be competing with a lot of other people in those areas and the odds of success are going to be relatively low as a result. There are also sometimes more restrictions on a HT than there would be on a drawing hunt. For example, for moose, a drawing permit might give you the option of taking "any bull" or even "any moose" in a particular area while the HT would restrict you to only a bull with 50" antlers or 4 or more browtines on one side.

Perhaps you're referring to these...? http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ndersubscribed
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Akiceman that is not exactly what I was referring too but excellent info! Thank You very much for that. Somewhere it was just registration hunts that you need a HT for. Just like being a resident so I was thinking. Anchskier I understand the different regs and hunting pressure but being an outsider now has put me in a tough spot lol. I spotted two areas I hunted in before though that I can still get into as a NR. I was just bummed about losing my Unit 13 tags mostly...I lived in Delta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk