Thread: Installing Lewmar on Seasport 1900

Default Installing Lewmar on Seasport 1900

I recently acquired a Seasport 1900. I have a Lewmar Pro Fish 700 windlass that I would like to install on the bow for setting and retrieving the anchor. I would really like to avoid feeding the anchor line into the berth. I was thinking of mounting the windlass on a post to get the proper drop (atleast 12 inches) and letting the line coil in the open anchor well on the bow, but I don't know if that's a good idea...

I was hoping to get some ideas on the best way to setup a windlass on this type of boat.

Thanks in advance!

Sell the windlass...it will fail and all the extra work and $$ mounting it will be that much more frustrating. I have yet to see a windlass function correctly for more than a year without a rebuild. Not kidding. A smaller boat like that makes it very easy to pull with a buoy and ring.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

I have been using the buoy method and it does work well. However, it would be nice to hit a button and have the anchor fully retrieve. I've read a lot of comments from others on this forum and this specific windlass seems to be getting positive reviews...