Thread: Hunting and Fishing Cigars, ( Let the Fat Lady Sing, grins.)

Default Hunting and Fishing Cigars, ( Let the Fat Lady Sing, grins.)

Just got my five pack of celebreative cigars, grins.

The C&C Corojo

The Montecristo

The Berger&Argenti ( close to a Cuban )

The Exactus.

The Aging Room

We will se how they go down in order.

Very nice. I like Acid cigars for celebration. They have some sort of sugar dip that gives a nice sweet touch to the celebration, good luck and I hope to be able to spark a few this season as well.

This reminds me of the 1990's....where is M.L.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I like my humble little Backwoods Honeyberries. I don't wait for celebrations, however. I enjoy them anytime when I am outdoors.
    Occasionally I still have a pipe, but have come to dislike the bite at the bottom of the bowl, so I enjoy cigars more nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    This reminds me of the 1990's....where is M.L.

Ron
    Ron explain if you would, M.L.?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I like my humble little Backwoods Honeyberries. I don't wait for celebrations, however. I enjoy them anytime when I am outdoors.
    Occasionally I still have a pipe, but have come to dislike the bite at the bottom of the bowl, so I enjoy cigars more nowadays.
    I wait till first blood but backwoods are my go to celebratory smoke as well.

Backasswoods are not cigars. They are very similar to dried dog turds! Yukie pooh pooh.
    A good Onyx Churchill is a cigar and a great celebratory one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Henry Bowman for President

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Ron explain if you would, M.L.?
    Monica Lewinsky (M.L.)

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

I use to smoke 12-14 large cigars a day until I quite. Many years later I figured I could handle one cigar to celebrate getting a moose, deer or bear but no such luck, after a while I found myself celebrating getting a partridge, then a rabbit, then ducks and snapping turtle. Then I thought, fishing is like hunting and started celebrating catching fish, every fish, any fish. I think I see a pattern here, is it called gathering berries or hunting berries. I think I better quite celebrating.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
    Backasswoods are not cigars. They are very similar to dried dog turds! Yukie pooh pooh.
    Never smoked a dry dog turd, so wouldn't know, but I'll accept you experience as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Monica Lewinsky (M.L.)

Ron
    Ron you scare me if that was the first thing you thought of on this thread, lol.

Get the Man O' War by Ruination. They also make an outstanding Connecticut style but the name escapes me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    These are my favorites, and I try to have one around for special occasions: http://www.coronacigar.com/product/C...No.IV-PLR0104/

But I usually outdoors have the Backwoods Wild and Mild, and last time in AK, that's all I had to celebrate with:

I've found that a cigar is more of a distraction when I'm engaged in outdoor activity. I prefer to burn one when I'm kicked back relaxing, especially my good ones. If I take any out for the day it's usually a version of 5 Vegas or low-end yard-gars.
    My supply of CAOs, Alec Bradleys, Partagas, Romeo y Julietas, Ghurkas, Ramon Buesos, Montecristos and Punch are for the front porch. They are also heavily guarded.

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    Get the Man O' War by Ruination. They also make an outstanding Connecticut style but the name escapes me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man-O-War Virtue. And yes it's very outstanding. The MOW Ruination is a full-flavored, full-bodied smoke. Not for the faint of heart.

But if you like the full-flavor, Diesel is another outstanding brand. Everything they make is full flavored.
    Now what ?

so what cigar's do you guys recommend for a cigar novice after the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Spdcrazy View Post
    so what cigar's do you guys recommend for a cigar novice after the kill?
    Really depends on your tastes. Cigars range from very mild all the way up very strong and biting full-flavored and full-bodied. Do you want a decent hand-rolled or a cheap machine-rolled? Long filler, cut filler, Dominican, Central/South American, American? I even know where and how you can get some of the forbidden fruit.

I generally recommend the 5 Vegas bands. They are very good cigars and they don't break the bank. They make cigars in the entire flavor spectrum. Most novices will probably like the Classic which is in the medium flavor range. The 5 Vegas Gold are mild and the Gold Maduro are just slightly stronger. On the stronger side there is the Cask Strength, "A", Triple A, and High Primings with the Triple A being the strongest I've tried. I have a Miami in the treasure chest but I've never tried it yet. I haven't tried the Relic yet either.

I like the Classic and "A" best.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/s...?q=5+vegas&p=1
    Now what ?

Now you get to answer the question, "Which Bud is Better", lol.

Sitting around the fire,

First guy says " hmmm that was alot of work I need some mexicain to keep me up"

Secound guy says " just give me some haiwiian and let me mellow out"

I just thought throw that out there, its just like beer and cigars now.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARBOB View Post
    I use to smoke 12-14 large cigars a day until I quite. Many years later I figured I could handle one cigar to celebrate getting a moose, deer or bear but no such luck, after a while I found myself celebrating getting a partridge, then a rabbit, then ducks and snapping turtle. Then I thought, fishing is like hunting and started celebrating catching fish, every fish, any fish. I think I see a pattern here, is it called gathering berries or hunting berries. I think I better quite celebrating.

Bob
    Soon you'll celebrating getting to smoke a cigar by smoking a cigar!