Thread: Trail Conditions deshka landing south

Default Trail Conditions deshka landing south

Hello,

Does anyone know the current conditions of the ice and trail traveling south on the susitna from deshka landing. Do the conditions allow for 4wheelers to make it or do i still need to run the sled? Thanks
    NRA life Member JVJ

Not sure about the river, parking lot at the landing is mushy. I think they were closing the lot today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not what I wanted to hear. I'll give them a call. Any one else been out recently?
    NRA life Member JVJ

As of yesterday lot of standing water on the river and very soft trail conditions
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Thanks, so im guessing most are not running sleds down to the yetna anymore? or are people just running in the morning when the ice is not as soft? I know temps are holding above freezing nowat night
    NRA life Member JVJ

Quote Originally Posted by akprideinvegas View Post
    Thanks, so im guessing most are not running sleds down to the yetna anymore? or are people just running in the morning when the ice is not as soft? I know temps are holding above freezing nowat night
    Lots of open water below the Yetna. 55 out yesterday and looking like high 50's today. Pulled the air boat out yesterday! Open water on both sides at Alexander.

Well, looks like im waiting until breakup to get back out there. Thanks for the info.

I spoke to deshka landing and they said there are a few still running the river but of course its not reccomended.
    NRA life Member JVJ

We ran to rainy pass lodge today from big lake. Lots and lots of overflow. The big lake trail was very bad. Pretty good once on the river and trails to shell and finger lakes. Better go quick if you need to though.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway