Thread: used argos

Default used argos

It seems like they aren't many(Any) used argos around, do people not buy them or do they just hold on to them for a while. Anybody know of used ones for sale? The reason I ask is I have one, but need another so I can have a hunting partner ( or I may have to sell mine).

Thanks
    Boatless

I think what you are seeing right now, is that it is not a 'prime' time to sell this type of machine. Give it another month and you should see some of these start coming on the market. Of course when they do, sellers will be attempting to get 'top' dollar for them.
    Keep watch and they will start to show up.

Stayed Tuned,,,, this package may be available shortly, if my negotiations on a "P-18 Super-Cub" continue in a positive direction.
    The German
    Last edited by Icebear; 04-21-2014 at 17:37.
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

Talked to a guy yesterday that is moving out of state and wants to sell his 2002 Conquest. He has done a ton of mods to it including a platform up top, a bunch of iron work and has a davit to winch up moose to skin out and put quarters in without having to do any lifting. I think he's wanting a healthy chunk of change for it though, around 17K if I heard right.

I just picked up an Argo last fall and have been enjoying the hell out of it. Just took a trip up the mountains yesterday. It's a 2013 750HDI with pretty much all the options.

German, that trailer is a beast!

Hey Jerod, thanks, I had it built to fit the Argo, the Box part@ about 6' L x 5'W, and all 100% Aluminum, sitting on a steel frame, with a walking-beam axle, and those are Argo wheels & Tires, w/Bearing-Buddies all-around + the walking-beam has grease zerks, add the Argo 13" plastic track, with rear fuel racks for Four-[4] 6-gal. + Two-[2]-5-Gal. jugs up front, and it floats, there is more, but that gives you an idea.
    The Argo, is a "Highly-Modified" 2010 750-HDI, running Tracks and Track-Tuners, plus all "Steel-Wheel Spacers", no factory Aluminum.
    The German
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

there are decent machines here and there, but it's all about finding one set up correctly for the best performance. The proper track set up makes even the old machines shine in all conditions. Here is pic of a machine on a hybrid track. With the right set-up, all of the normal track complaints go away. For example, horsepower, hard turning, sidewall damage, and undue wear/n/tear. You don't have to flog your machine, and you actually have more power when you run them. Not to mention they stay on even with a loss of track tension (flat corner tire)....or in this case...missing tires. This pic is after several hours running in Petersville with the #3 tire missing. Not pretty but no problem-
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey I'm new to the site but like the Argo page! I'm in the process of a refurbish of a 91 8X8 Magnum. I need to find a muffler and tailpipe for the 18HP Kolher Engine. Any thoughts or places to go. Thanks for the help...

Did you try http://route6x6.com/
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishingraham View Post
    Hey I'm new to the site but like the Argo page! I'm in the process of a refurbish of a 91 8X8 Magnum. I need to find a muffler and tailpipe for the 18HP Kolher Engine. Any thoughts or places to go. Thanks for the help...
    go find mark Albert of 2d max in Fairbanks..... I think I may have one or two mufflers come to think of it

Quote Originally Posted by FISHFACE View Post
    It seems like they aren't many(Any) used argos around, do people not buy them or do they just hold on to them for a while. Anybody know of used ones for sale? The reason I ask is I have one, but need another so I can have a hunting partner ( or I may have to sell mine).

Thanks
    If you end up selling would you please let me know?

didnt realize the date of the OP's post. Lol

Lol it happens try to find a used one like a conquest it's liquid cooled with splined axles and hydraulic breaks

Have lived in Fairbanks, Anderson, Valdez and now Anchorage.

There's 9 Argos on the Anchorage Craigs List tonight.

Bill

Default used argos

Spend the money and buy a new one.
    They changed a lot in the new models check out new bead lock rims. No extra work or parts to put tracks on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I agree there just release several new models and their awesome

Somebody clue me in. What are bead lock rims and what makes them good for the argo?

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    Somebody clue me in. What are bead lock rims and what makes them good for the argo?
    Bead locks are oversized lips that hold the tire bead on particularly at low pressure. If running wheels, they allow you to run low air pressure, getting better floatation and traction.

Also, these new wheels have an offset from the hub to the rims. This means that they can be flipped around, and become "deep dished" moving the tires farther from the chassis. In turn, this allows installing tracks without spacers, as required on older models.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I picked mine up with tracks for 12k a few weeks ago. Tracks are new, had just been serviced and upgraded all 4 corners to HD axles. Runs like a top with 550 hours on it. They are out there just gotta do a little digging.
    Attachment 88702

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Spend the money and buy a new one.
    They changed a lot in the new models check out new bead lock rims. No extra work or parts to put tracks on.[

You still need wheel spacers dont you when running wide tracks? Never mind I just reread the above post. Thats a great idea !!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!