Thread: PWS Bears

Default PWS Bears

Any reports on any sightings in the sound yet?

My son tells me of a friends father (ya ya) who saw two last weekend in esther passage........could it be true?

I think it could be true. Less snow this year and a warm winter.. If I was going shrimping this weekend I would take my bear permit and look around a bit.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Been out here all week, mostly on the Eastern side of PWS, have seen tracks but no fur, sure feels like early May as opposed to mid April.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Over here in Cordova I went out yesterday and found some pretty big bear tracks. Haven't seen any yet though.

Was out for 3 days this weekend in the northern sound. June last year there were many bears in this area. Not a single track to be found this weekend. Still alot of snow, and our bay iced over pretty heavy both nights. Still a little early!

I just picked up my shrimp permit and BB harvest tags and they said still only 1 Griz from 16B checked in so far.

out this weekend. Nothing, Southern sides basically snow is gone for the most part. North side certain places still has allot of snow.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    out this weekend. Nothing, Southern sides basically snow is gone for the most part. North side certain places still has allot of snow.
    Some bears are out in Valdez on the south facing slopes, seen a couple today. The north facing slopes are still covered and looking not even close to ready