Thread: Trail camera sd card question

Default Trail camera sd card question

I'm wondering if they make some portable device I can transfer sd card photos to in the field so I can bring them home to view on PC and reinstall the card back into the camera ? I bought 5 Scoutguard cameras just wondering so I don't have to have several sd cards if I do not have to.

Thanks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Why not just buy a few extras SD cards? Take it out of the Scout cam & slide in a new one and download the used one at home. They are relitively cheap. Just make sure you get the correct size - I know there are at least 2 sizes available. Any store that carries electronics (FM, WalMart or Costco) will have them. I don't know of any device that would copy the card (in the field) for downloading in your computer, but there may be something(?).

Although not exactly what your asking, I carry a spare card and a small camera. I can pop the card from the game camera into the regular camera and look at the photos in the field. If there is nothing worth keeping I use the regular camera to clear the card and then put it back in the game camera. If there is something worth keeping I put the spare card in the game camera and take the used one home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Although not exactly what your asking, I carry a spare card and a small camera. I can pop the card from the game camera into the regular camera and look at the photos in the field. If there is nothing worth keeping I use the regular camera to clear the card and then put it back in the game camera. If there is something worth keeping I put the spare card in the game camera and take the used one home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly my thoughts.

Thanks for the info guys, Never thought of the spare camera. I use the PNY class 10 cards in my cameras at $28 a pop x 5 I guess I will be taking my $20 hunting camera then.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

If you really want to get fancy (or just cant wait and have to look at your pics while on stand) bring your wife's Ipad.

just be prepared for the consequences when she finds out you took it for the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm wondering if they make some portable device I can transfer sd card photos to in the field so I can bring them home to view on PC and reinstall the card back into the camera ? I bought 5 Scoutguard cameras just wondering so I don't have to have several sd cards if I do not have to.

Thanks
    Check out the Moultrie game camera viewer. It will do what you are looking for.
    The only issue is that you must have more space on the SD card in the viewer than you have pics on the camera.
    It stores the pics on an SD card that you put into the viewer so if you have a 8 gig card in the viewer then you need to have less than 8 gigs of pics to transfer. If you get a lot of pics which you may from 5 cameras you need to have the biggest card the viewer will accomodate which I believe is 16 gig.
    It is also very handy to view pics while you are in your stand waiting.You can zoom and brighten images right on the viewer.
    It also has a mini usb port for downloading directly from your camera or directly to your laptop.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"