Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 recall

Default Remington 700 recall

If you own a 700 (or 7) you should know about . . .

http://xmprecall.remington.com
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like my rifle is infected. Hope they get it inoculated before hunting season.

Mine is affected, too. Wonder if there is a local armoror that can do the repairs...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
    Mine is affected, too. Wonder if there is a local armoror that can do the repairs...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Exactly, I have a later 700 Light Tactical Response rifle in 308 that according to the serial number is sick too. However, it's got 2500 rounds through it and it's the gun that I use in weekly matches. They start next week. I've had mine apart and know that it's ok. If I were in Alaska I would take it to gunbugs, The Kid or ADfields before I would send it back to Remington. You know that these guys are experienced gun smiths. For all we know the guy doing the inspecting at Remington might be the same guy that was stamping numbers on bean cans at the grocery store two weeks earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post

Thanks, mine is one!

I pulled my XMark trigger out not long after getting my new 700 about 3 years ago as I could not get it to adjust at all, it now wears a timney trigger that is very user friendly.... So, I would think this should fix the issue from what I read?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Wild West I believe is a Remington warrantee center. I wonít fool with adjusting/altering Remington triggers, I replace them with a well designed trigger like Timney.

Another thing I recommend is getting a safety that is on the bolt itself.
    The trigger block safety on a bolt action is not a very great idea in my book, it relies on the fitment of too many parts to be a very positive safety system. Midway has the Winchester type 3 position bolt shrouds for Rem 700 on sale right now for $109. Put both a Timney trigger and a bolt mounted safety on a 700 and you have about as good a push feed bolt action rifle as money can buy.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    For all we know the guy doing the inspecting at Remington might be the same guy that was stamping numbers on bean cans at the grocery store two weeks earlier.
    You crack me up, EKC.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Thanks alot AD! Mine is good!
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    You crack me up, EKC.

Smitty of the North
    At least the guy got a promotion because he was the best bean can stamper! LOL
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

Mine is "affected". The funny thing is my buddy bought his Rem 700 tactical only a few weeks ago and it is infected as well.

Well in reality not funny at all. Can places like Sportsman's still legally sell these with the active recall going on?

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Mine is "affected". The funny thing is my buddy bought his Rem 700 tactical only a few weeks ago and it is infected as well.

Well in reality not funny at all. Can places like Sportsman's still legally sell these with the active recall going on?
    I donít think so and canít imagine they ever would just for liability reasons. I sure wouldnít, I see how they treat the GM folks on the hill over a faulty ignition switch in a car . . . can you imagine how they would treat a gun dealer that knowingly sold defective guns that killed somebody's kid?!?!

The recall only came out a week ago on April 9 2014 so looks like your buddy got in just under the wire.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Folks- please take this seriously. I had Andy change the trigger on a rifle for me last year because it would fire as the bolt was closing. It would not do this when the trigger was set on the heaviest setting but otherwise would and I noticed it before ever loading it (thank goodness). When I read about other rifles discharging for no apparent reason- I didn't give much credence until it happened to me. Better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post

SW in anchorage pulled all their model 700's off the shelf to be sent back for mod/correction according to a guy working there - went there on sunday to look at the model 700 long range and there were no rems on the shelf

Same in Fairbanks, Sportsman's only had the 770 and other Remingtons not a 700 in sight.

[QUOTE=The recall only came out a week ago on April 9 2014 so looks like your buddy got in just under the wire.[/QUOTE]

I will have him check his receipt for a date. Thanks for the info.

Smokey and AD, rather than be without my rifle for the summer, I think your solution is the best. Can't go wrong with a Timney trigger!

If I ever decide to use my LTR for something besides bench work then it will have to have something different for a trigger. Mine is way to light to be comfortable with as a hunting rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    You crack me up, EKC.

Smitty of the North
    Well Smitty we once had a local lad come to the house to sell the Mrs some magazines. He commented about the gun cabinet in the dinning room and My Little Miss Pretty asked him if he was into guns and he replied with "no I'm afraid of them". He was working behind the gun counter at the local Thiesen's Store two weeks later. In fact he was the kid that sold a 4x rimfire scope to a college professor to put on his slug gun and the college professor got himself a black eye out of the deal. Tee Hee!

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to change the trigger on my 5-R any ways.

Sigh. Mine is sick.
    I'll be sending it back as I will never use Wild West.
    Too many bad experiences there.
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast