Thread: Homer kings

Default Homer kings

Any recent reports? Seen it was probably a little ugly the last couple days, anybody out prior to that?
    Pollock in thick too I hear? Looking to head down tues/wed. Thxs for any feedback.

After April 1st the limit went down to 5 per year annual until Oct 1st, that puts a damper on the daily 2 a day harvesters. I here they are still getting them but the average sizes are pretty small.

I went last Sunday and got skunked besides a halibut and a rockfish. Fished in a few different spots and didn't see anyone catch anything. They are probably around, just not in the places we fished
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Thxs for the reports, I'll give a shout on how it goes here the next couple days. Thxs again

Seldovia/4th of July was slow today, a few fish were hooked early in the morning, and I heard one was caught on the high slack. Pollack are thick from glacier spit to the islands, and even out to the bluff. No reports from bluffs that I heard.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Charterboat Operator

We hooked 5 and boated 4 small fish yesterday the 14th, NOT Amazing on south shore for us...... I will try North shore today, Cheers

Made it out tues/ wed, first day landed 3 kings and lost 3, of course the bigger one got away. All keepers were in the 12-14lb range.
    Wed, landed 3 more, all a couple lbs bigger than the day before. All fish were caught pretty much right at tide change, still lots of pollock around as well. Weather/ water conditions as good could ask for, great couple days.

Well that sounds pretty good! Way to go
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

Just got off the water, went one for two, second hit didn't stick. Kept a fifteen pounder, all the way out past the green cabin. 20' down in 30'. White Bechtol and a herring.
    SE came up stinky so we called it short.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/