Thread: I bought Alaska(part of it)

Default I bought Alaska(part of it)

Last year I purchased land-site unseen-just north of Denali park next to the Parks Hiway in unit 20C. Obviously No-one has a crystal ball but does anyone hunt this general area? and if so, what kind of game usually frequents the area? Near a creek with lots of trees-I'm told. I plan on building a small hunting cabin if game is available. I cannot find any site specific numbers on the states website. I lurk here daily and have gotten a huge amount of information from you folks, thanks a bunch!

Well, there will certainly be game available in the general area. Whether or not it will be walking right across your particular parcel, well...that's harder to say. There are plenty of moose in the area, and also black and grizzly bears. Are you going to be able to go take a look at the land sometime soon?

No, it looks like it will be a while before I get to put eyes on it. I am planning a 2008 hunt and would like to see it then. Just to see if I bought a bog or marsh or what. It is 1/2 mile from the road next to a powerline right of way so there is some distance from the road and also some clearings in the area. My wife and I are really excited about it.

i would guess if you paid alot for it, you might have some land that don't turn to an ice rink in the winter, if you got it for a steal....plan on putting your cabin on big styro blocks, you can't find any satalite photos of the area? do you have lat and long for the property?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I found it on google earth and it looks good. It appears to have trees as advertised but I can't tell a tree from a bush at 5000 feet. I bought it from the state after alot of internet research. I wanted land with water near but not covering the lot. I also wanted a 'corner' lot where I would have state land on at least 2 sides-that way my site appears larger. I also wanted property within walking distance of a major road as a fly-in property has no value to a man with no plane. A bonus was a large river (nenana) within 1 mile. Big Mistake? only time will tell. Is there another place I can get photos online?

Quote Originally Posted by the nikster View Post
    I bought it from the state after alot of internet research.
    Would you beable to hook me up with some info on this? all my searching leads to junk land... (im not looking for anything fancy just something i can use, just like you're doing) my google-fu is not too good with this kind of search... i guess im not asking the right questions for it...

thanks,
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

akula, I won't post the site on here since google searches this site for keywords, (no reason to spoil a good thing) but check your PM box.