Thread: building an air boat

Default building an air boat

So I have been thinking, I cant afford to by an air boat outright. So I have been thinking of buying a haul and taking the next few years to build one. Lets here your thoughts and If anyone knows where to buy parts from please let me know. I think I seen a place down towards Wasilla

Buy mine... Save you a lot time.

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

To answer you question talk with skip Olsen in Fairbanks. He is a great guy and will find or have anything your looking for. He will gladly answer any questions. He put together my boat.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I have a used hull and parts if your wanting to build one, Give me a call and I know I can help you with what ever you need. 907-322-3291

Forget the place out in Wasilla, you won't be happy dealing with them.

unless you come across some great deals on very used parts, it is a lot cheaper to buy a used boat then to build one. have you ever been on one, do you know anything at all about them. i've never seen a book on how to build one. buy a cheap one and learn from it, there is a aircraft motor boat on CL now pretty cheap, it will work for you, but you need to learn a lot. yea, bigger boats are safer and carry more moose, but a small one will work for learning. you can even get financing for them with some of the credit unions, i've heard. Bud
    Wasilla

Hey Heath,
    if that is you give me a call.

I bought an airboat & ready to head up north after sheep hunt.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!