This winter I picked up a new to me 2009 Hewescraft Pacific Explorer 260 and one of the first things that I realized was the lack of storage space on the boat. I did a lot of looking online and came across a thread that Yanert started over on the hewescraft owners forum where he added some storage to his galley which looked really nice so I decided to give it a try.
The wall space behind the galley is pretty bare, just a single 1x2 channel running at an angle up the wall.
Needing some extra bracing and a place to tie in the sub wall I added to pieces of 1x2 channel up the sides. I originally wanted to weld the channel to the wall but after talking to the welder about burn through to the outside I decided to bolt them on. I countersunk the heads so the facial board would still fit flat.