Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's one for ya...

Default Here's one for ya...

The 1 mile buffer from a permanent structure/dwelling that includes seasonal occupied cabins.
    Well, how about illegally owned "squatters" cabin that pops up after one already made all the investigations of the area to ensure there's no cabins in the area and then develops a bear baiting area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo907 View Post
    The 1 mile buffer from a permanent structure/dwelling that includes seasonal occupied cabins.
    Well, how about illegally owned "squatters" cabin that pops up after one already made all the investigations of the area to ensure there's no cabins in the area and then develops a bear baiting area.

Whether it's a "squatters" cabin or not is irrelevant.

I am with Frostbitten on this one. Legally owned, squatter matters not. I am pretty sure the Trooper is going to nail you on this one. If this does happen though, I think a camera shot of the structure would be handy to have. Interesting situation though.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

So it's illegal to put out a temp hunting area within a mile of an illegal permanent structure?
    Sounds legit

Wanted to try out an old baiting location only to find this BS out. Now back to the drawing board
    I'm gonna just go and build a 8x8 shack all over this beautiful state free of land charges screw my tent!!
    I have no clue why I even purchased the land my home sits on. God I'm stupid

So report the squatter to the Troopers. Whose land is it anyways? If they are illegal, then they should be gone. If they are legal, your problem then.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I'm not one to call in someone. It just really took my be surprise.
    I've been told it is an illegally placed structure. I just hope there around if I'm ever in need!
    I'll just go elsewhere. Just thought it was a very weird situation.

Does the "structure" show up on google earth?

If it is illegal, i'd go to the troopers and explain it. i bet they will give you the go ahead to hunt there. more and more squatter cabins will pop up if they aren't reported! or i feel as such anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Spdcrazy View Post
    If it is illegal, i'd go to the troopers and explain it. i bet they will give you the go ahead to hunt there. more and more squatter cabins will pop up if they aren't reported! or i feel as such anyways.
    I wouldn't bet much if I were you.

I would always err on the side of caution.. sometimes it is not better to ask fogiveness..especially when it comes to the law.
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Yea me neither. I'll look elsewhere, not in the mood to deal with it. Just thought it was an interesting circumstance.
    DID YOU WALK YOUR 0ne mile circle ensuring nothing was built last year?
    I KNOW a lot of you have well established baits. ITS THE LAW
    U BETTER CHECK
    Especially you frost bitten.
    Every square inch
    I'd even turn up piles of rotten leaves. YOU NEVER KNOW. Might be a well hidden cabin.
    Sure would suck if you got a ticket and had to move your "well established" bait because someone felt they didn't need too obey the land laws.
    Can ya tell I'm a lil pissed about this law!! Hahaha
    Great luck to all of you this year!
    Ringo out

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo907 View Post
    Yea me neither. I'll look elsewhere, not in the mood to deal with it. Just thought it was an interesting circumstance.
    DID YOU WALK YOUR 0ne mile circle ensuring nothing was built last year?
    I KNOW a lot of you have well established baits. ITS THE LAW
    U BETTER CHECK
    Especially you frost bitten.
    Every square inch
    I'd even turn up piles of rotten leaves. YOU NEVER KNOW. Might be a well hidden cabin.
    Sure would suck if you got a ticket and had to move your "well established" bait because someone felt they didn't need too obey the land laws.
    Can ya tell I'm a lil pissed about this law!! Hahaha
    Great luck to all of you this year!
    Ringo out

Especially me huh?

Didn't you say wether it's legal or not it's irrelevant?
    Wasn't attacking you at all man, just saying it sounds like we all have even more of responsibility when it comes to choosing a proper location.
    Every year we must turn over every leaf to make sure a cabin did not pop up between July and April 14th. Cause I was darn lucky to find this very well hidden cabin off of a tiny weird looking blur on google earth. Like I said man, not attacking, just sounded like you were pretty set on the whole situation. Good luck to you this season

I wouldn't guess an illegal squatter cabin would be a "permanent structure" IMO

I have to agree with Happily, you can build a structure on state land, but it has to be movable, therein not permanet structure.

Illegal squatter cabin = bon fire, Problem solved. I'll give you a gallon of gas and the lighter if you need it. Just make sure the F****** get out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Illegal squatter cabin = bon fire, Problem solved. I'll give you a gallon of gas and the lighter if you need it. Just make sure the F****** get out alive.
    I would hate for an extreme situation to arise and know I burned the only shelter that could save my or another's life..

Now if one permanently stays there is a different story. Not to mention the stories these old structure's could tell if they could talk, but maybe thats just me

No burning necessary, I'll just put my bait permit on the door and barrel strategically placed out the window!
    That there's a kickass stand!!!

Sometimes so called squaters cabins are folks using little known state land use rules. A friend PIT Mike was moved off fed land and set up a hundred yards away on state land. Mike stayed thirteen years there falling in a grey area the state left him alone.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast