Thread: Traditional Bow Tuning/ Shooting

Anchorage, AK

Default Traditional Bow Tuning/ Shooting

I bought a recurve last year. And got a half dozen arrows from Full Curl. Was wondering if any traditional guys got together to shoot to see if I could catch a few pointers, since I haven't shot since High School ( a good 10yrs ago) and some good company. I eventually plan to hunt but I need lots of practice and then want to get certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Casey,

Congratulations on going toward the elegant simplicity of traditional archery equipment.

There are lots of guys on this site that are very knowledgeable and informative. I am sure you will soon get lots of help from them. In the meantime, I found this Reference Guide for Recurve Archers to be very helpful for tuning

Best wishes

Join the Northwest archers at kinkaid park, they have a lot of trad shooters and I think they shoot Tuesday eves in the summer
    great bunch of guys that are fun to shoot with

There is a good traditional group down your way also. Traditional archers of Alaska are based down your way. I think the monthly get together's were in palmer for awhile. There's also the Jay Massey shoot mid summer. I know the big 3d shoots has some trad guys also. It's been a number of years since I've drove down for shoots so things may have changed. if you're looking for a trad group I would personally start with TAA and branch out from there.