Thread: windlass for Sea Sport

Default windlass for Sea Sport

How many of you "sporters" have one? If so, did you buy the housing from the factory? Pictures of your setup much appreciated.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Electra Dyne it will do both, pull pots and anchors.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I see those guys on wicked tuna pulling their anchors with a pot puller. Any idea how they rig it up to have the anchor tied off to the front, and then get it to the back to pull it with the puller? Seems like a good way to go, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    I see those guys on wicked tuna pulling their anchors with a pot puller. Any idea how they rig it up to have the anchor tied off to the front, and then get it to the back to pull it with the puller? Seems like a good way to go, IMO.
    Its simple !! I do it all the time and you all know how simple i am . I have a "riding line" going from my bow cleat down the side of the house that ends right by my hauler in fact i just loop the riding line around the base of my davit. OK when i want to anchor i dump the anchor over the side of the boat let out the scope i need and cleat off the line & back up till the anchor is set then i take the riding line and tie it into the anchorline with a rolling hitch, just let it all come tight on the bow cleat, cleat off anchorline on a side cleat, boats anchored !!! When it comes time to haul the anchor just take up the riding line till you get to the rolling hitch untie it then put the anchorline in the block on the end of the davit, put anchorline in the hauler and start hauling and it helps to power up the anchorline till its straight up & down, cleat off the line to pop the anchor lose & haul the rest of it all in. DONE !! it takes longer to type this than it takes to haul it all in.
    The wicked idiots are using a pelican hook to get lose from the anchor when they hook up, they leave the anchor on a ball to hold "their spot" so after they land the fish they can get back to the money hole !!
    You can just see the riding line in the pictures, i NEVER go on my bow to mess with the anchor.
    riding line.jpgriding line 2.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

another way to fairlead the anchor line back to a hauler.
    anchor & fairleads.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692