Thread: kodiak goat

Default kodiak goat

I am moving to kodiak from POW next year and was wondering if anyone knows some good places to shoot goats around sept-october? if yo uhave any info yo ucan send me a PM. Any help is appreciated. Also I was wondering about the herd of caribou on the southern half of kodiak if that would be worth trying to hunt?

theres caribou on the southern half of the island? Interesting...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Kodiak 'bou

Actually, if I remember correctly, there are some wild reindeer from a failed ranching endeavor many years ago. I think all goat hunting on Kodiak is drawing. I would check the regs. - there maybe some registration hunts that I am not aware of.

Default Kodiak .....

Hunter .....

I know a guy up in Kodiak that likes to do your kind of hunting ....

Drop me an email or PM ....

I'm back to the Misty for one more Bear. I'll be back after mid June.

Johnnie

theres a registration hunt in november for archery hunts, but they give out the tags in oct. anywhere you can get is bascily pretty good goat hunting, some areas are great.
    seem the caribou tend to hang in the sturgeon river area, you'd have to talk to larry or john at fish and game for some updated numbers and proximity locations of where they've been seeing them at. lotta work for a caribou if you ask me. don't go out there expecting antlers for the wall.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Goat hunting any time and most anywhere on Kodiak is very good if one knows where to go and how to approach the brushy 1500 foot climb, to get into the alpine. Up and back with goat the same day is an easy hunt and we have had many.
    The Reindeer 100 miles from Kodiak city are tasty, move around and body wise are about the same size as a Sitka blacktail. Friends fly down each year and land on water closest to the Reindeer, shoot their fill and come home. Same day airborn, no closed season and no bag limit.

Fell free to use ncooper@alaska.com and I will plug you in. Draw application for goats is in November each year.
    Neal

Default goats

Are there any registration goat hunts close to kodiak or are they all drawing? Is the deer hunting very good there?

yep road system registration for november hunts, but the catch...you have to get your tag in oct...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212