Thread: Fossils???

Default Fossils???

Looking for any information on trails that others have located fossils on. I know they are around the Moose Creek area, on the old Glenn Hwy, but I have never found a real abundance there. My neighbor wants a couple for either side of his fireplace hearth. Any help locating fossil bed is appreciated. Thanks PM me if you think that is more appropriate.

Puritan-Boulder creek has fossils and there is an atv trail that will take you in there.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45
    Puritan-Boulder creek has fossils and there is an atv trail that will take you in there.
    I sort of thought so, do you recall an approximate distance to a likely area. How high up on the hills? Did you find them in a ravine or on a slide area or what? Just need two fairly good sized specimens, or a couple pieces with multiple specimens in each.

Well, its a ways to go but, alot of creeks out of Tok have alot of fossils. My friends wife found everything from bugs in rocks to a lower Jaw of a sabertoothe tiger. She took the jaw to UAF and had it confirmed and dated but if they were to date they had to keep it. she told them to pack sand. Mostly its mastodon stuff she found. Plus its a great ride.

Pinochle pass trail or hicks creek up near an abandoned mining camp.