Thread: Looking for a couple people to help out a lower 48 sixth grade class

Default Looking for a couple people to help out a lower 48 sixth grade class

A good friend of mine from the service contacted me to see if I could help his mom out so I figured I would at least reach out and see what I could do. Basically they are looking for a couple Alaskans (one in South Central and one in the North West) that have decent internet connectivity and would be interested in doing a "web interview" using the google hangout application with their class. In a perfect world I would see this as being a very interesting project for a home schooler or small village class room.

Here is the letter I got from my friends mom in Indiana:
    I am currently working with the Seymour School Corporation and specifically with using Google Hangout in the classroom. The 6th grade class is currently studying Alaska and Canada landmarks. I was hoping you might be interested in helping us out with this.
    The date that we would like to do the hangout is April 22nd or 24th and the time would be 9:25 am your time which would be 1:25 pm our time.
    The students will prepare questions for you and I would be happy to send them to your prior to the hangout.
    Last but not least Chad mentioned you might know someone from the Yukon Pacific Coast who would be interested in doing a hangout as well, if so we would really appreciate that information. We are planning to compare and contrast the two regions.
    Thanks so much for considering this.
    If anyone is interested respond here or shoot me a PM and I will help set it up. I wish I could participate but work obligations prevent it at the time that they have available.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    A good friend of mine from the service contacted me to see if I could help his mom out so I figured I would at least reach out and see what I could do. Basically they are looking for a couple Alaskans (one in South Central and one in the North West) that have decent internet connectivity and would be interested in doing a "web interview" using the google hangout application with their class. In a perfect world I would see this as being a very interesting project for a home schooler or small village class room.

Here is the letter I got from my friends mom in Indiana:

If anyone is interested respond here or shoot me a PM and I will help set it up. I wish I could participate but work obligations prevent it at the time that they have available.
    Sending you a PM. If I can get the technology to work, I'll do it.