Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Camo......??? How about good eyes.......???

Default Got Camo......??? How about good eyes.......???

Sometime back I asked about animals that have good camo.

http://www.wherecoolthingshappen.com...animal-photos/

I had a hard time with the wolf. Not too much trouble with the rest. Nothing really beats mother nature's camo tho. Great photos!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

German Flec, the desert stuff for spring and Fall, the greener reddish tone inthe Summer, looks just like Tundra.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Good one AGL. Thanks for sharing.

Luckily I still have young eyes😄 thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be. - Fred Bear

Atlanta Braves 2019 WS Champs.

Except it's not a deer....it's an elk......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Have never seen one sporting that size headgear while still wearing spots...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    It looks like an axis deer to me. Saw lots of them in Texas- wide large rack and spots- beautiful animals.

Those are great. That impala is like a ghost. That leopard would have bitten my face off.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Have never seen one sporting that size headgear while still wearing spots...
    Didn't see the spots until you mentioned it, just the brow tine and the face that looks like and elk. But I do believe AKBEE is right, an axis deer. So I guess it is a "deer" after all........lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    Those are great. That impala is like a ghost. That leopard would have bitten my face off.
    That leopard is way cool for sure!

The wolf was the hardest for me to find, But I was most impressed with the Owl's Camo.

makes you wonder how many times you walk right by something and dont even notice
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Wow those are incredible. I actually could not find the giraffe, but that leopard also was well hidden

Quote Originally Posted by Carlak2fl View Post
    makes you wonder how many times you walk right by something and dont even notice
    For years I have known of hunters that had the ability to see, hear or walk up on a animal that no other person knew was there. In trying to become a better hunter I have spent years trying to learn how they were able to do it. What I have found is it a combination being born with one or more special gifts like super hearing, or eye site. If you do not have a gifts you too can learn how to find animals that no body knows are there if you have the right attitude. Believe it of not.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    For years I have known of hunters that had the ability to see, hear or walk up on a animal that no other person knew was there. In trying to become a better hunter I have spent years trying to learn how they were able to do it. What I have found is it a combination being born with one or more special gifts like super hearing, or eye site. If you do not have a gifts you too can learn how to find animals that no body knows are there if you have the right attitude. Believe it of not.
    Reminds me of learning to read x-rays! Some things stand out right away and some are much harder to notice. When I was learning, I would ask a radiologist or surgeon to go over them with me and it was easy to find what they saw once it was pointed out! LOL. Experience and repetition sure help! (like looking for the eye of a cottontail in the South Texas brush)

Interesting that different people have trouble fining different things. Maybe it has something to do with whatever screen you're looking at. I was using a phone and the giraffe was pretty obvious. The fawn and adder, not so much.

The giraffe was the only one that didn't pop right out to me because I was looking to close, expecting something much smaller. The owl and the leopard have the most impressive camo IMHO.

the only one that took me a while was that parrot/green bird sitting in plain sight on a brach on the left side of the screen. It took quite a while for my eyes to adjust to the green. funny its not hiding but hard to see. i was driving my atv around last summer and parked for a minute when a duck flew out from about two feet from me. it was really low tundra with nowhere to hide (apparently not) and i never saw it until i almost died from a heart attack. pretty cool how they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    the only one that took me a while was that parrot/green bird sitting in plain sight on a brach on the left side of the screen. It took quite a while for my eyes to adjust to the green. funny its not hiding but hard to see. i was driving my atv around last summer and parked for a minute when a duck flew out from about two feet from me. it was really low tundra with nowhere to hide (apparently not) and i never saw it until i almost died from a heart attack. pretty cool how they do that.
    That's why my nickname for ptarmigan is "heart attack birds". That instinct to wait until the last possible second to flyaway doesn't work out so good when it's a snow machine approaching at 40mph. That had to have been the scariest and funniest trail experience in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast