Thread: Whiskey gulch access open yet?

Default Whiskey gulch access open yet?

Going to head down Friday for the weekend. Can I drive down and camp at whiskey gulch? Any other suggestions? Mostly going down for business in homer but I'm thinking if bringing the kayak down and giving it a try

We attempted clam gulch beach access a couple days ago. Roads full ice. Watched a utv park at the top to take a look and his rig began to slide down. Took him 15 min to make it the 30 ft back up the road. Didn't try whiskey gulch but I think it's the same. Couldn't even walk down clam gulch low hopes for whiskey especially after this snow we had last night.

But who knows, right, could be clear by then. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRWHUNTER View Post
    We attempted clam gulch beach access a couple days ago. Roads full ice. Watched a utv park at the top to take a look and his rig began to slide down. Took him 15 min to make it the 30 ft back up the road. Didn't try whiskey gulch but I think it's the same. Couldn't even walk down clam gulch low hopes for whiskey especially after this snow we had last night.

But who knows, right, could be clear by then. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If this happened on Seward's Day, that was me you watched! If not, then I'm glad I'm not the only dummy to have done that.

Man those Mud Lites have terrible ice traction.

Charterboat Operator

matt, looked at the road on Saturday when we were passing by, still a little snow/ice cover on it, but there were tracks. We lost quite a bit of snow, what little there is, on Sunday, and it has been raining not snowing down there this week, looks like there will be quite a bit of melting today, as they are having the same weather. So my thought is there will be a little snow in the top portion, and the hill will be clear.
    If you get a chance, stop in this wknd, we will be around getting things ready for the season.
    PB