Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: These guys frustrate me.

Default These guys frustrate me.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/161...ECKBEARDS.html

How can I ever pick up a few rounds of 22lr to take my boys and nephews shooting when you have clowns like this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with that ? Heck I fi would of thought of that I would of done the same thing. "Don't hate the player hate the game"
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Yep, some people actually use .22 for something productive like teaching new hunters to shoot and enjoy themselves. If there wasn't the clowns grabbing it up in bulk there wouldn't be the shortage. Anyone who wanted some (even the clowns) could go to the store and pick up a few for day to day needs. Frustrating indeed!

People can do what they want to do, but I will NEVER stand in a line to buy .22 ammo. And I don't even have a lot as it is. Doing this crap only makes the problem worse, and you reap what you sew.

Quote Originally Posted by AK flyster View Post
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/161...ECKBEARDS.html

How can I ever pick up a few rounds of 22lr to take my boys and nephews shooting when you have clowns like this....

Don't feel alone.... Frustration is an understatement. Unfortunately it seems that this is the way of the world these days though.......look out for #1 and screw everybody else. You see it everywhere you go......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

That's pretty crazy, 96x20= $1920.

If people would stop buying them from him he'd be eating quite a bit if interest!

These guys have to run out of money or credit eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    "Don't hate the player hate the game"
    Sorry....in this case the players CREATED the "game".......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Flyster, I have a few extra VIP tickets to get into Cabelas a few days early. If you can use it let me know and I'll make plans to get it to you. Maybe you pick up some .22 lr for your boys

I don't have a problem with people buying their daily store limit whenever they can find it.
    What gets me is the switching coats and glasses to cheat the system.
    That isn't fair to other shoppers and violates store policy.
    I got my 3 yesterday and 3 more today here in Kenai at Walmart.
    I thought about it but decided to be fair and didn't go back in again.
    Guess that's how I was raised.
    Some people obviously were not raised to follow rules and policies.
    Does this guy go home then hit the river again the same day for a second limit?
    It wouldn't suprise me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

31,000 rounds of .22LR destined for CL...

I hope he has to eat it with his breakfast cereal.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I tried to edit my post but it looks like I waited too long, what I meant to say is the pass will get you in a few days early, they are for the 8th and cabelas doesn't open to the public until the 10th

Everyone seems to be mad at these guys but the market is saying their willing to pay more for ammo and thus it drives these people to do what they do. Capitalism at its best right here. Just like every business that was successful they found a situation and capitalized on it.

So how does this get fixed? I see 2 ways: Flood the market and thus drive the "false" demand down or increase the retail price which in turn should move the demand curve accordingly.

These retailers and manufacturers should be the ones everyone is pissed off at, not the true capitalist.

It will all end up on gunbroker at 79.99 a brick.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Duncan View Post
    Everyone seems to be mad at these guys but the market is saying their willing to pay more for ammo and thus it drives these people to do what they do. Capitalism at its best right here. Just like every business that was successful they found a situation and capitalized on it.

So how does this get fixed? I see 2 ways: Flood the market and thus drive the "false" demand down or increase the retail price which in turn should move the demand curve accordingly.

These retailers and manufacturers should be the ones everyone is pissed off at, not the true capitalist.
    Well, with production at maximum there is simply no way to "flood the market" and produce a surplus. Driving down demand by increasing price is a poor PR move for the maker and would do little to deter scalpers just like tickets to sporting events are still sold at face value regardless of what a scalper might charge. What these folks are doing is simply creating an artificial shortage by scarfing it all up. It will catch up to them much like it did the Hunt brothers in the late 70s in their attempt to corner the silver market. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Thursday

The market typically turns on such folks with a vengeance...and will yet again.

I'd use the word capitalist fairly carefully here since this is more appropriately described as "opportunist"... a true capitalist would be looking at ways to create new sources of ammunition (ie. in industry), not simply swiping up available supply at the retail level and gouging others on the price.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

AK flyster:
    If you need some ammo for your boys and nephews I have some I can give you. I was fortunate to have some ammo before this craziness and it makes me mad when kids can't go shooting- after all they are our real future. PM me and we can make arrangements if you are interested.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Well, with production at maximum there is simply no way to "flood the market" and produce a surplus. Driving down demand by increasing price is a poor PR move for the maker and would do little to deter scalpers just like tickets to sporting events are still sold at face value regardless of what a scalper might charge. What these folks are doing is simply creating an artificial shortage by scarfing it all up. It will catch up to them much like it did the Hunt brothers in the late 70s in their attempt to corner the silver market. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Thursday

The market typically turns on such folks with a vengeance...and will yet again.

I'd use the word capitalist fairly carefully here since this is more appropriately described as "opportunist"... a true capitalist would be looking at ways to create new sources of ammunition (ie. in industry), not simply swiping up available supply at the retail level and gouging others on the price.
    Few points here:
    First - "Driving down the demand by increasing the price is a poor PR move." - I would rather see ammo on the shelves and pay more for it than to not see any at all. It's unfortunate that majority of people don't understand economics and see increasing price to meet demand as a poor PR move rather than as good business. In return good business usually means a better thing for the overall market. Also, ticket prices to games do increase and decrease. Coming from a town that had a great NFL team a few years ago to one that was doing horrible now, I can attest to this increase and decrease.

Second - Difference between them and the Hunt's is that the Hunt's individually controlled 1/3 of the market and bought silver at higher prices because they drove up the price which in turn increased the risk. All these people buying ammo have no risk because retailers have not increased their prices. Thus all these guys will be able to offload their ammo at retail prices. So if retailers would up their price to match demand and then lower it once demand fell these guys would potentially have an issue.

Third - I guess it depends on who's theory of capitalism you believe in. Several prominent economist believe that opportunism and capitalism are one in the same. While others do believe that they are different.

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Absolutely. If such opportunism, or scalping. is capitalism at all, it is capitalism at its WORST, not best.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I don't have a problem with people buying their daily store limit whenever they can find it.
    What gets me is the switching coats and glasses to cheat the system.
    That isn't fair to other shoppers and violates store policy.
    I got my 3 yesterday and 3 more today here in Kenai at Walmart.
    I thought about it but decided to be fair and didn't go back in again.
    Guess that's how I was raised.
    Some people obviously were not raised to follow rules and policies.
    Does this guy go home then hit the river again the same day for a second limit?
    It wouldn't suprise me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    I understand what your saying. However last time I was in town I went in the store three times. I was in town for a week (first week of feb) and once I finally found a store selling 9mm ammo I bought my three boxes three times. Of course I won't be back in town until end of May.
    I didn't even think of leaving and returning until the employee suggested it. There was no 22 ammo at all. Or hollow points.
    one thing we have to remember about this limit is that it is enforced by stores. Not a law. There is no law stating you can only buy three boxes.
    If my memory serves me correctly sportsman's warehouse has a 3 case limit.
    I was told by Walmart employee and fred Meyers employee (in December) that the 3 box limit was per visit/per person.
    I wonder if the stores would lift their restrictions, would it stop the hoarding?

Yep humanity's finest.......

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    I understand what your saying. However last time I was in town I went in the store three times. I was in town for a week (first week of feb) and once I finally found a store selling 9mm ammo I bought my three boxes three times. Of course I won't be back in town until end of May.
    I didn't even think of leaving and returning until the employee suggested it. There was no 22 ammo at all. Or hollow points.
    The difference is that you were using an opportunity you would not have again for awhile, and you were not buying to speculate. I also imagine that you are not telling us this so you can brag about deception.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast