Thread: Spring is here "finally" !!

Default Spring is here "finally" !!

Got cabin fever and itching to get out on the water but don't want to spend chilly nights on your boat ??? Come volunteer at the farm and we will give you a warm bed to sleep in,food to eat and you will still have time to get out and enjoy the water and fishing !!! We have things for everyone to do: cleaning and sorting oysters,firewood,small building projects,net mending,organinzing and many other projects.Send us a message either here or at perry_island@yahoo.com if you are interested.Those of you who came out and helped last year are welcome to come again,we enjoyed your company and really appreciated the help.

Are you going to have any oysters for sale this spring?

Also, what is the cost per dozen this year, same as last?

Looking forward to stopping by in two weeks!!
    Is there anything you guys need?

BK

The cost will be the same as last year $15 a dozen.We will definately have oysters this Spring.There are a few things we may need picked up if it is not any inconvenience.Nothing big.We appreciate the offer alot.

If the weather is good I will going out on the 19th. Same offer - if you need anything PM me. I can't haul too much weight, but can manage some.

Hey Troy. Kris and I will be out on the 18th too if ya need another boat to bring stuff out again. We will be stopping by anyway on our way out. Hope the weather stays nice.....
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Headed out to Deep Water bay evening of 17th through 20th. Second season with my boat so I'm not familiar with who you are or where you're located, or what you do. But, I like the idea of volunteering and helping a non-profit or something similar so can you provide more information here publically so others will know and PM me if you need some supplies brought out. I'll be leaving Anchorage, evening of 17th and should be on the hook in Deep Water before dark on the 17th. But can bring stuff by on the 18th.

So, I found your facebook page, but not really any information about who you guys are. Is the "volunteering" a "work for food and lodging" situation? If so, I like it, as I'm in a 20ft Sportsman and I'm always looking for a dry place to camp, etc. The weekend of the 17th - 20th I'll be rafting up and staying on a friends boat, but if you still need some supplies hauled out let me know. I've been to West Twin bay and East Twin Bay, but never South Bay, so a good excuse to go explore while the pots are soaking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    So, I found your facebook page, but not really any information about who you guys are.
    They run the oyster farm in South Bay on Perry Island. Fantastic oysters!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

We are a small oyster farm located in South Bay Perry Island.We continue to grow each year and can always use some help here at the farm.We will offer a warm place to sleep,basic meals,shower if needed (oyster work is dirty) in exchange for help on the farm,we have internet access and satelite tv also.We need help with cleaning and sorting oysters,small scale building projects,firewood gathering,painting and staining,help in salvaging the wood from a boat shed that blew over and many other projects.Something for every skill level.We do have a few moorings for boats also.We don't expect people to work really long days but to put in a fair amount of work in exchange for your stay,you will have plenty of time for fishing or hiking around and exploring the bear free island.We do need to kniow when volunteers want to come out because we can only accomodate 3-4 adults in our guest room right now but will hopefully have more room in the next few weeks (depending on when we get help).

We are looking forward to seeing all the early season boaters.Please remember to bring small bills if buying oysters because we won't be able to break alot of large bills.Hope you have great weather for the shrimp opener.

A few of you have been very nice and asked if there is anything you can bring us.Thank you so much for thinking of us and offering,you make remote living much easier.There are a few things we could use from the store and a friend in Anchorage has a few things that we need brought out if you are able to pick the stuff up for us please send us a message at perry_island@yahoo.com or on here or Facebook.Again thank you so much in advance.