Thread: Bucket grown veggies

Default Bucket grown veggies

I would like to try this method, is there anyone here had success with this? Also, looking for about 20 5 gallon buckets without buying them from the home improvement stores...Thanx

I have heard of this working for people never tried it personally .
    For buckets try a laundromat. The one I get them from does lots of washing for other businesses and such.
    Buckets with lids he charges me $2 each. All they ever had was laundry soap in them.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I get my containers from tree nurseries, you can get them in sizes from half gallon up to 25 gallon, they already have the holes for draining, they're black so it seems to keep the soil warmer, they stack up real nice for easy storage, and I get em for free.

You might try hitting up a few restaraunts/cafes as they probably get their soy sauce, veg oil, etc in large buckets..

We used about three-gallon bags a few years ago. It sure was easy to dump the potatoes in a wheelbarrow to sort them out.

we have had good luck with the buckets in the past and hope to again this year !!!

AGB Master.jpg Check out alaskagrowbuckets.com I get my buckets at Home Depot - but Restaurants and Bakeries may have free food grade buckets. It is a choice you have to think about - after researching the facts I think the Home Depot buckets are okay for me - but they are not free. I would be more concerned about what was in the buckets before.

Quote Originally Posted by WasillaPlanter View Post
    AGB Master.jpg Check out alaskagrowbuckets.com I get my buckets at Home Depot - but Restaurants and Bakeries may have free food grade buckets. It is a choice you have to think about - after researching the facts I think the Home Depot buckets are okay for me - but they are not free. I would be more concerned about what was in the buckets before.
    That's why I buy mine from the laundromat.
    Brand new buckets that have only had new laundry soap in them one time.
    Rinse out any soap residue and they are as clean or cleaner than Home Depot buckets.
    And less than half the price.
    When I was a kid lots of restaurants gave buckets away. Not anymore. They have value so the employees take them or they sell them. Still cheaper than home depot though by more than half.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"