Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am just here for the 22 ammo.

Default I am just here for the 22 ammo.

2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I was there around 615 this morning and it was the same way. Doesn't look like that stuff is going to last very long. Had heard from someone, that walmart has been holding on to ammo to sell this week to try and combat the opening of cabelas. Not sure how true that is but that's what I heard.

Holy cow, a line for .22 ammo?!

BK

Makes me really proud to shoot my flintlock.

its sad to think that its this hard to get 22 ammo. I went there hoping they would have 22win mag. Im not sure why, but I think people feel the need to hord ammo. I love to shoot my 22wm but do to the ammo shortage I haven't been able to shoot the gun at all. I at least have some 22lr now

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    I think people feel the need to hoard ammo.
    We are our own worst enemy....
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

How much was a brick.

One look at that and it is EASY to see that Homo Sapiens (Commonly call: People or Humans) are very trainable like Pavlov's Dogs. They will even salivate at the written or spoken communication .22 Rim Fire Ammo Available.

Note: No offence intended, just an observation. We are ALL being trained for a future when we will behave as we are told by those who will and do control our wants and needs. I even remember when I was trained to take my time card out of the rack and stick it in the time stamping clock. We are all just animals controlled by our masters. Sadly it will get worse........and it will NEVER be as good as it is now or once was. Want to see me bark, sit, roll-over, beg and beg some more........withhold my social security check.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    How much was a brick.
    Remington brick was 21(500 rds) and Winchester (only 333 rds)for 23. I think those where the prices

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    How much was a brick.
    $22.97 for Remington brick of 525, $20.88 for a winchester box of 333. Limit of 3 boxes per manufacturer - so 6 total.

I had a couple hundred rounds on hand, which is adequate for my needs. I've got two young boys and neices/nephews that are all young shooters, though, so this was welcome news and I joined the masses to scoop up my six boxes. I figure I'll give away some of it to other parents with young shooters while keeping enough on hand to teach my sons over the next few years.

Joe beat me to it - and it appears I might have the prices mixed up. Either way, $20 and change seemed like a perfectly fair price.

In Wasilla it was only 3 boxes per caliber

Interesting.....so a three box limit.......PERIOD. So "Caliber" and not cartridge, that would preclude buying all other cartridges of a given caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by dieNqvrs View Post
    In Wasilla it was only 3 boxes per caliber

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    One look at that and it is EASY to see that Homo Sapiens (Commonly call: People or Humans) are very trainable like Pavlov's Dogs. They will even salivate at the written or spoken communication .22 Rim Fire Ammo Available.

Note: No offence intended, just an observation. We are ALL being trained for a future when we will behave as we are told by those who will and do control our wants and needs. I even remember when I was trained to take my time card out of the rack and stick it in the time stamping clock. We are all just animals controlled by our masters. Sadly it will get worse........and it will NEVER be as good as it is now or once was. Want to see me bark, sit, roll-over, beg and beg some more........withhold my social security check.
    AGL,
    We are not being trained....its called a job. You had one once, you did the same as the rest of us to make a living.
    Back to the thread at hand.
    BK

Is the job buying, hoarding, and reselling 22 at insanely marked up prices?

If not, what job are you referring to?

How was Wal-Mart able to accum enough .22 to base a promo on? Been hoarding a bit, themselves?

Probably. The same way all of these shops had semi-full ammo shelves on Black Friday through Christmas, and then immediately after Christmas had empty shelves again.

There are some February/March articles out quoting the NRA as concluding the shortage is entirely due to hoarding by consumers, but this sort of thing seems to cast some doubt on that.

Though I guess WalMart being as huge as it is could have simply diverted from its million other stores.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    AGL,
    We are not being trained....its called a job.
    Exactly......it's just protocol ie, do it this way or find another place to work.

Sorry to say the only real "training" I've received is from the "school of hard knocks"......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post
    There are some February/March articles out quoting the NRA as concluding the shortage is entirely due to hoarding by consumers, but this sort of thing seems to cast some doubt on that.
    Cast some doubt? The line of consumers buying their limit at every chance seems to solidify the NRA's opinion on the hoarding problem.

Until it stops there will be a "shortage".
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast