Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chest holster indecision .

Default Chest holster indecision .

My fist time folks,I'm a long time lurker but I usually get my questions answered , this time I can't decide . I carry a 629 , 4" barrel I'm looking at a chesty puller pancake rig or a guides choice . Looking for pro and cons , I like them both.

Well the Guide's Choice is by far a better chest rig but it's just a chest rig. The Pancake is a great holster, with Chesty Puller is an okay chest rig but it's a hip holster with a lot of different ways to use it. So if you want a chest holster you want a Dimond-D Guide's Choice, if you want a hip holster that can also be a chest holster you want Simply Rugged Pancake.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by vt outdoors View Post
    My fist time folks,I'm a long time lurker but I usually get my questions answered , this time I can't decide . I carry a 629 , 4" barrel I'm looking at a chesty puller pancake rig or a guides choice . Looking for pro and cons , I like them both.
    I never tried a Chesty Puller. BUT, it looks like it has too many straps to be comfortable and practical.

I like the "Guides Choice" for easy on/off, AND comfort. You can move it around on your chest. Left, Right, up down, and it stays put. An adjustable Tension screw holds the gun as tight as you want it.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I have the Chesty Puller (2 straps) and Sourdough. For sure use tie down with the Chesty Puller or its two hands to get the gun out (tight Fit). I also use the Chesty Puller on many holsters as it easy to rig up for any holster.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have a couple of the Guides Choice. IMO there is no better or higher quality product out there for my uses.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I have a couple of the Guides Choice. IMO there is no better or higher quality product out there for my uses.
    I agree and that includes a custom job I had made. I would like to try the Simply Rugged just because some members speak highly of them though.

Thanks folks,it sounds like the majority leans toward Diamond D.

Thumbs up Diamond D for me

I carry a 4" 629 Mt. Gun in a Diamond D Guides Choice. It is a top notch rig that allows all day comfortable carry with my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I carry a 4" 629 Mt. Gun in a Diamond D Guides Choice. It is a top notch rig that allows all day comfortable carry with my gun.
    Mdl 29 with a 6" barrel.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Here's another to look at and consider. I have a couple of these and they serve me very well:

http://www.7xleather.com/chest_holster

Quote Originally Posted by Whitworth View Post
    Here's another to look at and consider. I have a couple of these and they serve me very well:

http://www.7xleather.com/chest_holster
    Looks pretty good. The main strap over the Left shoulder (for right hander), and a strap around the back to hold it in place. Kinda like the Guides Choice, but the GC has a nylon strap on the end, and a clip connector, making it fast adjustable by pulling or loosening the strap at the clip.

When I seen one, and tried one, I just had to have one.

For the Ladies, a Bandoleer would probably be better. Diamond D makes them also. My wife has one.
    Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

If I could find a GuidesChoise for the fifty bucks I got in my Chesty Puller rig I would own it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    If I could find a GuidesChoise for the fifty bucks I got in my Chesty Puller rig I would own it.
    Rob ainít that cheap ether anymore. I think I paid (in 2008) about $50 for the holster and $20 for the chesty puller rig and shipping . . . I get emails (he now lives in my home town in Arizona) from him all the time and looks like he is around $120 plus shipping now for what I got for about $70.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I carry my 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk, and my 6" FA in a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller setup and I love it.

Asked this question about three years ago and ended up with a Diamond D for my S&W500 and used it every day last summer
    doing tours and love it. So comfortable I would forget I had it on.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

Here's my Vote,,,, this is my "Rig" a Diamond-D for my S&W .44/329-PD, it doesn't get any better, Total Weight as pictured@ 3 lbs.

Attachment 78308
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]

Guides Choice. They're so well built you'll be able to pass your gun and your holster down to your kids/grandkids.

I bought a chesty puller last year for my 4" 500 x frame, with 6 loop cartridge loop and that brought me close to $180'ish at the time Mr. Rob was running a over $200 and shipping was free, so I got the Cold Steel finn bear and all total my order was $204 IIRC.

I am happy with it, quality is good. As stated above it rides a little different than just a strait up chest rig. No regrets.

Went with Wes at 7xleather . Amazing rig, flawless , so easy to put on and off.
    My 4" 44 stays put no mater what I'm doing. I will be a repeat customer.

Quote Originally Posted by vt outdoors View Post
    Went with Wes at 7xleather . Amazing rig, flawless , so easy to put on and off.
    My 4" 44 stays put no mater what I'm doing. I will be a repeat customer.
    Wes does some great work! I had one built for my .475 Linebaugh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast