Thread: Third seat open - Sep Moose Hunt North Slope

Default Third seat open - Sep Moose Hunt North Slope

I've moved this post to its own thread. We are considering a third person for our hunting party. We are planning a boat hunt off the Dalton Highway GMU 24. We don't want an unsafe hunter, so you'll have to be experienced with safety. You'll need your own gear, and finances to pitch in on rental equipment. Physical ability to help is important too. If interested, let us know.

You may want to add some intro info to help people decide if they want to respond. How experienced are you and your hunt partner with remote hunts, and with boat-based hunts? Have you killed and field dressed moose before? How long are you planning to be out? How far are you planning on going up or downriver?

It's a big decision for someone to express interest in joining you, and for you to consider them. More info to start the conversation is usually a good thing.

Good luck with your hunt, and with finding a partner.

Is it a float? Powerboat? Permit hunt? What dates? What type of rental equipment is needed? I just saw this, haven't seen it on other threads...

Thank you mdhunter. This is going to be our first hunt in the area. All of my previous hunts were local with drive in access. I used to own my own river boat, and have some time reading water...no accidents on water. I have dressed out moose before, but if successful, this will be my first moose kill. The hunt is scheduled between the 3rd and 11th of September. This is a harvest ticket hunt. The exact location is still to be determined...but the Koyukuk is our path. We are planning on renting a jet boat for the hunt.