Thread: BOG Members Appointed

"Grin and Bear It"

Going to meet up with David Brown and talk some hopefully.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Going to meet up with David Brown and talk some hopefully.
    Hope it goes good. We need to get BOG members that don't cater to the guiding business.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Hope it goes good. We need to get BOG members that don't cater to the guiding business.

Brown is a political appointment so he's been vetted; hand picked, to fit right in with the current board and a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Pope and Young Club, and the National Rifle Association....and none of the orgs have ever taken a position favorable to resident's first.

Don't get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post

Brown is a political appointment so he's been vetted; hand picked, to fit right in with the current board and a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Pope and Young Club, and the National Rifle Association....and none of the orgs have ever taken a position favorable to resident's first.

Don't get your hopes up.
    ALL BOG members are political appointments. They have to be approved by both houses of Congress and the governor. So I'm not sure why this is a bad thing or something to point out in Brown's case. It is what it is, and no different for any candidate for the board. Public testimony is taken on every candidate, and the politicians do listen to the public input. Contact local LIO for information on when the hearings are held.

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    ALL BOG members are political appointments. They have to be approved by both houses of Congress and the governor. So I'm not sure why this is a bad thing or something to point out in Brown's case. It is what it is, and no different for any candidate for the board. Public testimony is taken on every candidate, and the politicians do listen to the public input. Contact local LIO for information on when the hearings are held.
    I almost forgot how the system works.

The gov. was a political appointment by the voters.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Who did Brown replace?
    I am more than ready to see Spraker gone.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I am more than ready to see Spraker gone.
    The announcement of the reappointment came just after our AC decided to write a letter in opposition to Spraker's reappointment, but before we penned it.
    i didn't think Spraker's term was up until June.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

They changed the timeframe for Board appointee confirmations in the legislature due to problems in the past of having a Board member not yet confirmed sit on the Board and vote on proposals, then not be confirmed during the next session. Much better way of doing it imo.

Brown is replacing Nick Yurko. Nick told me at the meeting he wanted to have more time for wolf trapping and other activities.