Thread: Onboard marine battery chargers?

Default Onboard marine battery chargers?

I'm going to install an onboard marine battery charger on the ocean boat.
    Anyone have any insight between the brands as far as longevity goes?

It appears Pro-Marine makes them for quite a few for different companies with mixed results (Bass-Pro, Cabelas, etc...). I'm looking for a 2 battery set-up with 8-12 amps charging capacity and the budget is in the $100- +/- range as of right now. Could be more if hear of a reputable brand.

Been on Amazon and all is well till you get to the shipping, many of these suppliers won't even ship to AK.

At this moment I'm leaning towards this 8 amp charger from Cabelas (http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...rs/1309718.uts), mainly because they will be here in AK if I ever have trouble with it.

Bass Pro carries the Pro-Mariner and the 12 Amp charger is on sale for $99- but this brand has mixed reviews.
    Soooo, anyone have any recommendations or experience they could share to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    BK

Shoot D Man a pm. He just removed a charging system from his boat and replaced it with an inverter and charger unit. He might have what you are looking for at a slightly used price.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thanks Pete!
    BK

Make sure you check the rating of the charger with the size of the batteries you have.

I went with a Noco, 3 bank, 30amp charger. (10amp per bank) So far, so good. Noco has the best reviews by far, from users, so that's why I went with them. Super easy install. They make a 2 bank as well, just a bit over your budget. I got free shipping with Amazon Prime to AK.
    http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GEN3-Waterproof-On-Board-Battery/dp/B003JSO1X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396623826&sr=8-1&keywords=noco+3+bank

Appreciate the advice. I think D-Man has me set-up with one of his Xantrec 40 amp units he pulled out of his boat.
    BK

I think D-man did you a great favor.. I've gone through a couple 20A chargers...would not go with anything smaller... enjoy your new system.