Thread: Kids Fishing Anchorage Lakes Does Dad Need to Have License?

Default Kids Fishing Anchorage Lakes Does Dad Need to Have License?

I wanna take my toddler boys ice fishing over at Campbell but I haven't bought my license yet this year. (I am working on getting my disabled vet card). Since they don't have to have a license til 16, am I required to have a license to take them fishing?? I cannot find anything on this in the regs or on the forums. Thanks.

MarkGREGS FIRST GRAYLING 2013.jpgGREGORY MULLINS FLYFISHER 2013.jpg

be safe- buy the license.

if you touch the rod, bait the hook...

and I also was waiting on the disabled Vet license- will buy my license this weekend so's I can take my Godchild out icefishing

Chris

if the kids are fishing you should not have a problem but if you grab the rod evey time it moves and you bring the fish in
    [ who is fishing ] my 2 cts SID

Thanks folks, sounds like "safer than sorry".

Like the others said, get the license. You cannot touch the rod, cannot assist the angler, can't do a demo drop of the bait or lure, nothing, without a license. And if you do get a license, and fishing is slow, you've just upped the rod limit from 2 to 4.

Read the reg's that is what you need to , not ask a question like this on this forum, it will save you a lot of problems , if the kids are the one's fishing
    no problems if you are fishing ? when you grab the rod an the bait is in the water, then you are fishing , you can carry it an bait it but if you but it in the water then you are fishing , it don't matter what people say here the book is the guide , SID

As suggested on here, I bought my basic fishing license last night just to be on the good side. Juneau is working on my Vet's card as we speak so though I spent $24 on the fishing license, the Vet's card is going to save me a substantial amount of money. As for me needing to "read the book" instead of asking the question on here, I am not sure why you would make a comment like that. Number one, I did read the book and keep them all over the place and in my tackle to reference all the time. Its even in my preferred reading room like many of you I suspect..[IMG]file:///C:\Users\MARKMU~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Unless I completely missed it, and I may have, I can't find direct mention of this issue. Does it make me a complete idiot? I guess to some, I might be...Yes, I know it says if you are fishing then you need the license...I feel itís a gray area and open to some interpretation on the part of a warden. For the record, I took 2 small rods for my little guys to use and didn't take one for me. (I knew it would be a bit too busy for me to get to fish) I find it a bit ridiculous that the law can say if I help my kids get situated or help them learn how to fish then somehow I am "fishing". Then again, Iím no lawyer but apparently need one to do anything in the outdoors these days.. Would it have been skin off your back to just make the recommendation and possibly offer a reference page I could find instead if berating me on here? Excuse me all to H*(( for asking a question an an internet forum...That said, I'm still thanking you and the rest for the timely info.
    My 3 year old caught a nice char within 15 minutes this morning and I guess now he's hooked for life!
    Special thanks to the folks who gave us a little handful of their shrimp! Attachment 77705Attachment 77706

Great to hear you had a great time, and glad you caught fish! I've taken my just turned 3 year old out a couple times recently, and its been one of the greatest joys of my life! Pics didn't post; if you go advanced you should be able to insert them into the message.