Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gov tags auctioned this sat April 5

Default Gov tags auctioned this sat April 5

Alaska bowhunters will have 3 Gov tags to be auctioned off
    Tok Dall Sheep
    Delta Bison
    Tanna moose

If you can't make it . You can bid via phone. Contact me if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

can you give me a call when you have a minute. 227-3305
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Alaska Gray. Curious on how the Governors tags Auction went last Saturday. Could you post the amount raise?
    Thanks

Tok sheep $19K
    Delta Bison $13K
    Fairbanks Moose $600

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I'm kicking myself for not buying the moose tag!'

I was surprised how low that went for... Hoping to get the gov
    Musk Ox or brown bear tags next year

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Tok sheep $19K
    Delta Bison $13K
    Fairbanks Moose $600

Wow...over 30 grand for three animals...I would never be able or willing to bid/pay for these 'govner' tags.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Nobody's standing in your way of wealth in this country. I am happy these guys have the money to donate and did it here. I wish them success.

WASHINGTON — Benjamin Franklin did it. Henry Ford did it. And American life is built on the faith that others can do it, too: rise from humble origins to economic heights. “Movin’ on up,” George Jefferson-style, is not only a sitcom song but a civil religion.

But many researchers have reached a conclusion that turns conventional wisdom on its head: Americans enjoy less economic mobility than their peers in Canada and much of Western Europe. The mobility gap has been widely discussed in academic circles, but a sour season of mass unemployment and street protests has moved the discussion toward center stage.

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, a Republican candidate for president, warned this fall that movement “up into the middle income is actually greater, the mobility in Europe, than it is in America.” National Review, a conservative thought leader, wrote that “most Western European and English-speaking nations have higher rates of mobility.” Even Representative Paul D. Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican who argues that overall mobility remains high, recently wrote that “mobility from the very bottom up” is “where the United States lags behind.”

Liberal commentators have long emphasized class, but the attention on the right is largely new.

“It’s becoming conventional wisdom that the U.S. does not have as much mobility as most other advanced countries,” said Isabel V. Sawhill, an economist at the Brookings Institution. “I don’t think you’ll find too many people who will argue with that.”

One reason for the mobility gap may be the depth of American poverty, which leaves poor children starting especially far behind. Another may be the unusually large premiums that American employers pay for college degrees. Since children generally follow their parents’ educational trajectory, that premium increases the importance of family background and stymies people with less schooling.
    Says Rick Santorum, National Review, and Brookings Institute. Courtesy of NYT:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/01/05...pagewanted=all

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    Nobody's standing in your way of wealth in this country. I am happy these guys have the money to donate and did it here. I wish them success.
    Who says I'm not wealthy. Just wouldn't be able to bring myself to spend/donate my wealth on that kind of thing.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    Who says I'm not wealthy. Just wouldn't be able to bring myself to spend/donate my wealth on that kind of thing.
    That's your choice. And it's theirs too. Isn't this a great country?!

How is the money raised at this tag auction used?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Most of the time 90% goes back to the state. How that is used I don't know off the top oft head.

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

There's the stinky end...... The way it was explained to me is all of this $ and other $ raised by AK hunters and fishermen (nonres/res whatever) all gets popped into the general fund. So no guarantee anything we raise actually goes back to the "good" of the cause. I'd like to see someone in the state fence hunting/fishing funds back into hunting/fishing.
    Now I've not researched myself but that's what was explained to me. Kinda sucks but I guess that's where we need our lobbyist down there squawking.

Yeah that's a bad deal if it goes to the GF.

Most of the time 90% goes back to the state. How that is used I don't know off the top oft head.

Thanks for the info.
    "Grin and Bear It"

This is what it says on the Fish ad Game website as to where the money goes from these permits:

"The Alaska Department of Fish and Game began offering big game harvest permits for auction or raffle in 1997. Since then, over 40 different nonprofit organizations have participated in the program, generating over a million dollars for state wildlife management projects. The funding generated by the program is deposited, along with all other hunting license and tag fees, into the Fish and Game Fund. The Fish and Game Fund is used as match to the federal Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration program. Auction revenue leverages more funding, largely for big game projects."

I was surprised how low that went for... Hoping to get the gov
    Musk Ox or brown bear tags next year

Gary,
    your kidding I hope. The bison tag went for 6000 and the TMA tag for 8500 more then last year. The moose tag a joke. like some have said on other thread if F and G gives a whole bunch more governor tags for lessor hunts what good does it do?? Not bad for these hunts if ya look at the stats. TMA 2013: 80 tags 34 harvested 35.1" average and only one 40" plus killed. They reduced the number of tags in TMA for a reason and in reality should have dropped it even more..... We went higher then we thought we were going to.
    Regards
    Jeff Burwell- guide

Not joking
    I thought the moose tag would go a little higher
    Sheep and bison I was tickled how well it did at the banquet!

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Gary,
    sorry read that wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast