Thread: LOT of bear tracks crossing the road here, and down the MTs.

Default LOT of bear tracks crossing the road here, and down the MTs.

I have seen four different bears so far this spring. And lot of tracks of them coming over the mountains. And several sets crossing the road. Every year I am stunned that they can climb rock faces that I would doubt a goat could climb. Been working on the 2016/2017 firewood needs and watching bears.

That's what ya get for living in a place like you do.......lol.

That is good to know tho. Time for those brownie reg. tag holders to get after it...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Brownies are out on Afognak too! Two of the fishheads here at the hatchery went for a hike Saturday and saw a couple fresh tracks. The hatchery manager went snowshoeing today and on the way back he saw where a bear had followed his tracks for a while then cut off the trail when he heard him coming back down. Good luck guys!

The Arctic is awakening too

Bears are tough all over.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I've been thinking about giving it a shot, but I can realistically only pull one weekend away over the next few weeks. In my hikes up above 3,000' over the past few weeks, it's rarely getting above 34 degrees, even with all of this sun. As such, I'm hoping that some will still be coming out of their dens and spotable in the high alpine two weeks from now. That's the plan at this point, anyhow...

I'll be in your neck of the woods in about a month and a half, agl. Sounds like the bears will certainly be around, too.
    I stopped by Summit Creek trailhead yesterday, and there's still a bit of snow down there, but the temp was about 40*. Hopefully a month of our current weather will be in store for us, and that snow will be gone by the time I head up there.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I don't expect to see much but I'm heading out scouting tomorrow and bringing my RB300 tag with me just in case.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Going to hit the shrimp opener in PWS and look for a blackie the same time.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Just wondering if there are any more bears moving around on Afognak.? About a week out before heading down to try and find a couple.