Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Creek launch

Default Deep Creek launch

I heard the Deep Creek tractor launch changed owners? If so, anyone know if they will start launching in April like Marine Services did?

Charterboat Operator

thinking they will not open until May 1 as normal, but, they did clean off all the snow around the tractors, to make sure it melted in time

Thanks, do you know if there is a new owner?

Charterboat Operator

from all that I have heard , there is indeed, not sure who though

Default Deep Crk launch

The former owner of the Deep Creek launch just visited me two days ago here in Casa Grande, Arizona. He is not going to be invlved in the launch this year.
    I have no idea who the new owner is other than he is a charter boat skipper and will continue to charter this summer. Who will run the launch???????

Quote Originally Posted by Jack in Alaska View Post
    The former owner of the Deep Creek launch just visited me two days ago here in Casa Grande, Arizona. He is not going to be invlved in the launch this year.
    I have no idea who the new owner is other than he is a charter boat skipper and will continue to charter this summer. Who will run the launch???????
    Wonder if it's Discover Alaskan Adventures, aren't they the charter outfit at the top of the Deep Creek hill? I noticed some of the Skidders parked there this fall?

One of the River Bend captains picked it up. not sure what one but I'm 90% sure it was one of them and from what I heard the cost will be the same as last year.

Any word when the Deep Creek tractor launch starts up?

Charterboat Operator

thinking due to insurance reasons DC and AP wont open until the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    thinking they will not open until May 1 as normal, but, they did clean off all the snow around the tractors, to make sure it melted in time
    Snow? What snow? First year I haven't had to clear around my boat in Seward and didn't see much down there when I fished the king derby. We don't even have ice on the ground to worry about this year. Bring on more of this global warming stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Witch View Post
    Snow? What snow? First year I haven't had to clear around my boat in Seward and didn't see much down there when I fished the king derby. We don't even have ice on the ground to worry about this year. Bring on more of this global warming stuff!
    'Bender made that post a year ago......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    'Bender made that post a year ago......
    Well, that explains it. Missed this was an old thread and I should have figured that out, and I'll plead a senior moment took over.

Charterboat Operator

just got word that Anchor Point Launch is opening on the 25th of April in case any of y'all want to be early birds!
    the Pole Bender crew will be trying to be the first to launch again this year!

just got word that Anchor Point Launch is opening on the 25th of April in case any of y'all want to be early birds!
    the Pole Bender crew will be trying to be the first to launch again this year!
    Won't be early...fish are in the area already.

Managed a decent fish North of Anchor Point Sunday. Report in sea kayaking section. :
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...n-a-Snow-Storm

Charterboat Operator

thought i passed you on the way home! retying that cork that you float around on! and in the snow to boot!!!!
    you ROCK Rudy!

Default Deep Creek launch

thought i passed you on the way home! retying that cork that you float around on! and in the snow to boot!!!!
    you ROCK Rudy!
    Lol. Thanks polebender!

It was iffy and I rarely fully trust the weather forecast but there was a pocket of calm water just North of Anchor Pt that shielded the shoreline from the southerly wind. I've complained before about forecasts but kudos to the spot marine forecast site.

I heard it was ugly in Homer. I wonder if boats even got out on Sunday. I had to punch through and worse, land the kayak in about 3ft breakers. Scary as you surf in going faster than you can normally travel, be 3ft in the air and suddenly have no water underneath you. lol. But once out, it was virtually flat calm. Decent swells but spaced apart.

Hate the one mile rule. Would have fished longer for butts but given the weather, I wasn't going to go solo a mile out especially when I saw zero other boats. It was definitely choppier further out.

Launched at 1pm. 35" King in the kayak by 2pm. Loaded and up the hill by 3pm. Stopped by Kenai to drop fish off to my parents. Back in Anchorage after spending less than $50 total!

Dang I love these kayaks!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Hey Rudy next time you pass through Soldotna look me up.
    You can stop by my shop and we can talk about fishing. I may even have some sinkers or jigs for you!
    It would be nice to launch off of the beach as the tractor launch is getting spendy. Then again I usually travel to Homer nowadays.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    It would be nice to launch off of the beach as the tractor launch is getting spendy. Then again I usually travel to Homer nowadays.
    Since I stopped fishing from Deep Ck. years ago, all I ever do is launch off beach at Anchor River..........either in the river or off the end down at the mouth. Then again, I've never launched out of Homer either.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Since I stopped fishing from Deep Ck. years ago, all I ever do is launch off beach at Anchor River..........either in the river or off the end down at the mouth. Then again, I've never launched out of Homer either.
    I have a 23' fiberglass boat so launching off the beach with it would be tricky.
    I suppose I could launch my drift boat that way.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Hey Rudy next time you pass through Soldotna look me up.
    You can stop by my shop and we can talk about fishing. I may even have some sinkers or jigs for you!
    You bet! Love to chat with ya! I see drift boats doing it quit often. Usually off of Deep Cr after traveling south to get out of the king conservation zone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast