Thread: carlanna lake ketchikan

Default carlanna lake ketchikan

Does anybody know how to catch fish in carlanna lake. I know there are fish there but they don't seem to bite anything! Just wondering if any body has had any luck fishing there

Carlanna Lake has/had very nice Cutthroat in it worms and salmon eggs worked great. Kids would sneak up there and fish when I lived there, because it was closed to fishing and was posted to keep people out. I think that most all of the lakes are no bait in the regs. Best place to fish is where the creek dumps in.

Is there a way to fish by the creek from the bank because the only bank access I have found is from the small docks in the middle of the lake

Quote Originally Posted by papatom75 View Post
    Does anybody know how to catch fish in carlanna lake. I know there are fish there but they don't seem to bite anything! Just wondering if any body has had any luck fishing there
    What all have you used? I've never fished your lake so I really can't offer any advise except tell us what you've used and tried.

And lastly (not to sound like a bad word) remember that it is called fishing...not catching. Once that sunk in, fishing changed for me.

*Edited to add-I've spent some time ice fishing on the yukon and I have had no luck, though I've watched others pull pike out right next to me. It is frustrating, but then I have to remind myself that being out is better than being in. The joy I get from watching others catch makes my experience so much better. I hope you land the big ones soon.