What is the pros and cons ( if any ) in relation to the choice of either inboard or outboard power choice. I have seen that there is a significant push amongst manufacturers offering both choices. Nearly every new boat manufacturer today are able to offer an inboard option , with many choosing the amiable Volvo penta at their go-to power choice. I am aware that these are absolutely superb engines from a stable and very reputable company.
- What is the tangible benefits involved in this decision process?
- Is there a notable cost advantage at source , and if so ,is this balanced out via an up-swing in fuel economy?
- Is their a significant after care service reduction with the inboard choice?
- What is the life span of both choices ? ( do they still have the same life span, I.e. max hours per unit )
- Is there any performance advantages from either choice ?
- Is there availability of diesel at fuel points ?
It would appear that the inboard would leave at great deal more room in the aft section ( if hidden under the floor , that is ). Whats is every ones thoughts on this...........
Kind regards , Ireland