Thread: Manual tire changer

Red face Manual tire changer

I just received my manual tire changer from Harbor Freight the other day. I am wondering if any of you have had a chance to try one of these things out? I read good reviews about it on some of the ATV/motorcycle forums and thought I would give it a try. Kind of worries me though, started at $69...was on sale for $49....then the guy who picked it up at the store for me said it was down to $39.... There is $39 worth of metal involved here so maybe I just added to my scrap pile.......
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I have mounted tires with two large screw drivers, a bucket soap, a 5 gal bucket, air compressor, and a ton of elbow grease. Its not fun, but I saved $40 . I havent used one myself but I hear they are well worth the money.

I'll tell you what Rob, I'll go buy some new tires for my polaris. theve been on the rims for 9 years. if it works, great. if not you will know that it deserves a spot on the scrap metal pile.

Default Oh boy....

9 yrs..... Well, I started to mess with it yesterday and it did exceptionally well as a bead breaker for my 2004 6x6 tires. I don't have it mounted to anything solid yet so I couldn't dis-mount the tire and ended up having to inflate the stock tire again because I needed the wheeler.... One of these days I'll get those new tires on there!

So, step 1 - bead breaker....works well!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....