Thread: New competition for the Big Boss 6x6

Default New competition for the Big Boss 6x6

I know you guys like your Big Boss 6x6. Now Can-Am is in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Us-MWo1GB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kvbLCGNcTU

Those will sell like crazy in Alaska! Nice machine. If they really want to challenge the machine they need to demo it here, I can put it to the test if they need a driver!

WOW if Iheard them right 81 HP I just wonderthat kind of price they will have on them

Last I heard they werent sure they were going to even offer them in the US, has that changed?

I didn't see anything not too like! With some 27" mudders on that thing and 1000cc - woo baby!

Quote Originally Posted by cwoods View Post
    Last I heard they werent sure they were going to even offer them in the US, has that changed?
    Hmm i wonder why Dirttrax was invited if they had no planes for N.A

I stopped in Delta Junction today and the dealer said they pre-ordered two of them for customers. They expected them to arrive in late August. I asked the price and they said they didn't even know yet, but the two buyers wanted them no matter the cost! I think they will be a quite the machine.

I'm betting AT LEAST $15K for that bad chicken!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    I stopped in Delta Junction today and the dealer said they pre-ordered two of them for customers. They expected them to arrive in late August. I asked the price and they said they didn't even know yet, but the two buyers wanted them no matter the cost! I think they will be a quite the machine.
    I am sure they will be awesome but dang... to just order without even knowing the cost! Wow...

I ran into a guy from AK Mining and Diving this evening and we talked about the pricing. He said that Can Am is talking $15,999 if they released it right now. But, they are not coming until August of next year (so he says) and will likely have a price of $17,000! Holy cow! He did say that it performed like no other and was smother and obviously more powerful than the Big Boss.

Don't think Polaris won't take notice and maybe be making some "improvements" of their own. Especially if this Can-Am is a huge hit.
    $17,000 is alot if that's the price for it. A Polaris 800 Ranger 6x6 side by side with some accessories is the same price... Holy crap...

Personally, I'd rather Polaris or someone else go backwards in a sense - give me a 500 with simplified features and a shaft drive. I think my older 500 is perfect, but would rather have the shaft drive rather than the chain. The 800 is too thirsty and the extra power is completely unnecessary for my needs.

Darn good point about the 6x6 Brian!! I have an '05 and I love it too. I'd like to have shaft drive and a 500 too.

Buy 2 big bosses for the price of 1 can am? NOT! Yeah, the 500 was enough, but the 700 would be perfect in the big boss.

Is more better for HP on a 6x6, only if you need it. I ran a 1998 Big Boss 6x6 for 13 years and never ran out of power. My new 2011 Big Boss 6x6 has a 800 cc engine and lots of power. It is also a gas guzzler. I agree with Brian and would like to see a smaller engine again. I think the 570 Pro Star with the right clutching would be better. Lots of torque is what I want. Still. I would like to ride the new Can-Am

Per the Can-Am website, you can also get a 650 twin for around 13K. Might be a perfect balance between power and gas mileage. Not sure I like the all plastic dump box though (at least it looks like plastic in the vids). That is going to make it hard to do any mods like a lot of guys have done with the Polaris.

My guess is that the side by side version is next...
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather