Thread: Sheep mount arrives

Default Sheep mount arrives

Hey all,

Sure is strange that when you move away from the great State of AK it is harder and harder to get on here and keep up with posts and info and such. I didn't realize how quick life in a new place would take over and this awesome forum would slowly drift to the side of things.

I wanted to make it a point to get on here and show all my sheep from 2012.
    Two months before I left I was able to kill this awesome ram with a great friend on mine on his first sheep hunt. He took his first ram the day prior to this one. The story is here
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...aha?highlight=

Anyway Rich did an awesome job and the movers just dropped it off today. He has found a home next to my 08 ram and soon I will have to build a piece of furniture for the base to rest on.

Sure miss you all and what AK has to offer.

Take care
    Jason
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are two beautiful sheep! Congratulations and hope you find the time to make it back to Alaska soon. I moved up here in 2011 and I don't think I'll ever be able to leave.

Those are a couple of really nice rams, Jason. I'm not overly fond of the wide flare, but that upper one has it all. Also I really like the longer caped mounts, like you did with that granddaddy. Regardless of what this next chapter holds for you, Alaska has burned itself into your soul and I'm sure you have a lifetime of memories. Thanks for posting and I hope we keep seeing you on here!

Take care,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Great looking rams Jason! Enjoy the time back in ND, if you make it over to the Killdeer/Dickinson area look me up if you wanna go out and do some hunting/fishing...
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

​Very nice, Jason! And great to see you back on the forum, if only to say hello, hope things are going well down south.

Beautiful sheep and mounts - congrats!

Jason,

Those are some awesome mounts !!!! Like the way you have the picture of it in the field next to them. Pedestals are cool and I see more trophies gettin' done that way. That last one is wide, and with flaring tips...nice character to it. Congrats !!!!

Hope ND is treating you well, hopefully you can get into some good draw hunts down there. ...Chuck