Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Hidden creek

  1. #1

    Default Hidden creek

    Anyone know if hidden creek trail is fish able, or if there's open water? Any info appreciated. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt24 View Post
    Anyone know if hidden creek trail is fish able, or if there's open water? Any info appreciated. Thanks
    It's open. Been open since Christmas. Yesterday was the only day I've seen anyone else in there though.

  3. #3
    Member DannerAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Whiskey River
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    After this little advertisement you won't be alone in there anymore.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

  4. #4
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    After this little advertisement you won't be alone in there anymore.
    I considered that ramification before posting, but I think those weekends are gone until next winter, whether I posted or not.

  5. #5

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396319753.705966.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	77673

    A PM could have done the same thing.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

  6. #6
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    OH MY GOD!!! Guess what- The Kenai River, that bigass river in Southcentral, It has water in it, and it's moving!!


    Holy crap. What a freaking surprise.


    Edit: Yes, I will concede that it could have been done via PM. But give it a rest. Danner and F.F., we've all been around long enough to know I'm one of the more tight lipped people here. Guy asked if it was fishable. I answered. The canyon isn't exactly a state secret. It's been freakishly warm all winter, of course it's open. This isn't rocket science.
    I use my judgement on when and when not I find it appropriate to use a PM to relay information. F.F- YOU know first hand, Page one of this forum you have a post asking about fishing in an out of the way place. And I PM'd you what I knew, because I didn't want it out there for the world, I thought that was appropriate. However, I deemed it appropriate for information regarding one of the most famous (infamous) rivers in the world to be passed on through open forum. Such is life my uptight friends, we make decisions. You don't like it, I don't care.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! Guess what- The Kenai River, that bigass river in Southcentral, It has water in it, and it's moving!!


    Holy crap. What a freaking surprise.
    I think you are missing the point. Yes a lot of people know of fishing the Kenai and that it gets hammered all summer long. The winter is a nice break from that. Of course you will see others out there but the internet amplifies that. There are lots of people trolling not contributing and just willing to let others do the ground work for them. Sharing info is good but come on man let's be discreet about it.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

  8. #8
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    I think you are missing the point. Yes a lot of people know of fishing the Kenai and that it gets hammered all summer long. The winter is a nice break from that. Of course you will see others out there but the internet amplifies that. There are lots of people trolling not contributing and just willing to let others do the ground work for them. Sharing info is good but come on man let's be discreet about it.

    I am discreet when I feel the information warrants it.

    YOU know that.

    I didn't feel like this information warranted that level of discretion. My apologies to the forums location information police, won't happen again officer.

  9. #9

    Default

    Hate to step into this one but spring is approaching and the weather is warming up; therefore, water is opening up and people are itching to get out on fishable water. I appreciate the fact he helped another guy out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Default Hidden creek

    Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    I am discreet when I feel the information warrants it.

    YOU know that.

    I didn't feel like this information warranted that level of discretion. My apologies to the forums location information police, won't happen again officer.
    Nothing to get Butt Hurt about there fella. I'm glad you helped Matt and the rest of the World. Good job. I'm sure the city of Anchorage will be hammering the Miracle Mile next weekend. Awesome! Im sure the other guy you saw on the river will appreciate sharing that section of river with 300k+ Anchoraguans. You are a Hero.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

  11. #11
    Member icb12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Nothing to get Butt Hurt about there fella. I'm glad you helped Matt and the rest of the World. Good job. I'm sure the city of Anchorage will be hammering the Miracle Mile next weekend. Awesome! Im sure the other guy you saw on the river will appreciate sharing that section of river with 300k+ Anchoraguans. You are a Hero.

    You're god**** right I'm a hero. 300000 dudes/dudettes will be standing shoulder to shoulder, lining both banks up to their nutz/ladyballs in icy water hoisting beers and groping monster rainbows on every cast; all while chanting my name.

    Mark my words.
    I'll by a beer for the one who gets it on gopro.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    590

    Default

    This thread is hilarious. You tell'em icb12.

  13. #13
    Member Milo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Thanks for the update, time to break out some pixies and head on down
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

  14. #14
    Member AlaskaHippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Fork
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    Well, at least no one gave away any secrets like how to access Willow above Shirleytowne rd., or that Yoder rd on Montana Creek is a good put in for a looong day of log jam hopping, but Michelle Rd shortens the misery. Oh, and thank goodness nobody mentioned Byers or Troublesome creek as being decent lil hot spots later in the season. And then there's the N Fork of the Kashwitna, or Upper Russian, Sunshine, Paradise Lakes... or...or....or...


    There, that'll keep the Google Gang busy...
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

  15. #15
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Where ever would someone find out if there is open water if it wasn't posted here....

    http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/...time=afternoon

  16. #16
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franken Fish View Post
    Nothing to get Butt Hurt about there fella. I'm glad you helped Matt and the rest of the World. Good job. I'm sure the city of Anchorage will be hammering the Miracle Mile next weekend. Awesome! Im sure the other guy you saw on the river will appreciate sharing that section of river with 300k+ Anchoraguans. You are a Hero.
    Anchoraguans......you know......I find that to be a mighty derogatory term. You know, as Alaskans, sharing the river with other fishermen is part of what WE all have to deal with. I may be from anchorage, and currently live here, but over the course of 25 years, I've lived in Seward, soldotna, ninilchik, big lake, and willow. For you to claim the river and *****ing about people from anchorage and getting low holed by other fishermen, you sure don't sound like an Alaskan. This is something we all must deal with. Get over it and fish on. There are plenty of fish and miles of rivers. I find people in my favorite spots all the time the last few years. I just live with it and don't let it ruin my mood. Your only hurting yourself by getting upset about it.



    Release Lake Trout

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFreezerFiller View Post
    Hate to step into this one but spring is approaching and the weather is warming up; therefore, water is opening up and people are itching to get out on fishable water. I appreciate the fact he helped another guy out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The point of these forums.

  18. #18
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default



    Is this what happens to some after reading the highway angler? HAHA!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  19. #19
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post


    Is this what happens to some after reading the highway angler? HAHA!
    LMAO....this thread is too funny. shhhhh....Secrets
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  20. #20
    Member Tearbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Now the name of that creek will have to be changed to 'Visible' or 'Exposed' Creek...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •