Thread: Hodgdon Website

Default Hodgdon Website

Well boys Hodgdon changed the website. Iím thinking I donít like it but maybe thatís just me sat in my ole ways.

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Not terrible, but I like the old one better too...

Add me to the list that is not impressed with the new site. Guess that us 'old farts' do not like change!

I could grow to like it I guess. They have added a bunch of empty shotgun hulls that weren't listed a month ago.

I do wish they would include the BP subs in with the smokeless somehow. I guess I understand why they don't.

I see they changed the max load data for Varget in .338Federal with 210 and 215 gr bullets. When I bought my first rifle in the caliber the published max was 45.0 grains. My primers (I think CCI) were flatter against the bolt than I wanted, though the bolt opened easily and the unharmed case ejected easily. I found tighter groups at 43.5 grains, went back later and looked they had changed the max down to 43.5 grains. The published max today is 46.0 grains head:scratch .

Printing stuff off in the new format is going to take a lot of paper.

Good point in the printing, I think I'll email and ask about a printer frendley button.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I liked the old version a whole lot better. It probably hurt the sale of their load books. It's ok though cuz I got it all printed off and in a safe place. Now they'll come up with about 10 new powders just to spite me

What I don't like about it is that you used to be able to look down the list and easily compare powders and velocities without having to do much. Now you have to open to a specific bullet weight and scroll across. You can't even see all of them. I entered a cartridge I knew had a lot of data to compare, 22-250. It tells you to add filters to narrow the search. With my iPad, I can only see 2 loads at a time. With my ADHD, I can't remember back to the other ones I already passed!