Thread: Icefishing Help

Default Icefishing Help

Hello,

I live in Chugiak, and typically only fish Mirror Lake for quick little fixes in the winter...however...I'm also a producer for television (I only claim the good ones), and I'm working at casting a new documentary style show for a big network. This is NOT REALITY. I'm looking at filming some of our potential hosts with a good icefisherman this week somewhere within an hour drive of Anchorage, I don't know if anyone will be out or not? We also want some cooking maybe on location to show how to eat the catch. I'm really hung up on Burbot or Blackfish since that would be kind of different. To be clear though...there is pay, and THIS IS FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY, just casting. If you will be out and about or have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Please email 907casting@gmail.com for more information. Thank you!

alaskan blackfish....haha that would be funny
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    alaskan blackfish....haha that would be funny
    Blackfish on a stick? HAHA
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Alaska Black fish are small about 8 inches long an in SOUTH CENTRAL they are a by pass catch an you get very few , Delong & BeerCan lakes have a small population , good luck SID

Default Icefishing Help

I heard of people canning them. Just drop a few hole fish into a quart mason jar add some teriyaki and pineapple juice and pressure cook them ;-)

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    I heard of people canning them. Just drop a few hole fish into a quart mason jar add some teriyaki and pineapple juice and pressure cook them ;-)

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    You could do the same thing with a moose nugget!
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Thanks everyone! I found some help for the weekend, no burbot or blackfish, think we are going for more standard fish. I've caught blackfish before, just never thought about eating them, but then doing some research kept running across stories of them. Not a very impressive fish on film, but thought they might like the weird factor. Glad to see something potentially coming up here that's pure documentary form, last thing I worked on that was that way was Weather Channel's "Coast Guard Alaska"...and turning down work for lack of respect for the state is starting to hurt the bank account...