Thread: Local boat dealer

Default Local boat dealer

Is Marita Sea & Ski getting out of boats? Will there be another Wooldridge dealer in the Anchorage or Valley area? I was really surprised to see that they only have one Wooldridge and basically just a couple other small old stock boats. Anyone know what the story is?

Default Local boat dealer

I doubt they are getting out of the Wooldridge line, the wait to have Wooldridge boat built is getting longer...I'd guess they have to get in line with everyone else to get boats built...bummer as it is fun to go look at them every once in a while

Have you tried calling The Boat Shop in Fairbanks? They are a Wooldridge dealer and may have a couple...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

They started selling cheap Chinese ATV's that are a direct knock-off of Polaris ATV's, their end is near if they don't get back into quality products.

I don't go over there anymore. Did talk to them last weekend at Wasilla Sports Show and all they were pushing was those Cheap ATV's and dirt bikes. But I am thinking of selling my Wooldridge Alaskan.

Like most dealers the can't afford to order two or three $100+k boats to have for show. Last I heard they were ordering each boat when someone had the $$ to put down.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Wooldrige won't floor boats in house, so a dealer has to pay cash or have their own flooring lined up to stock a selection of boats. No Biggie, But it takes a decent set of books to have million dollar flooring plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Like most dealers the can't afford to order two or three $100+k boats to have for show. Last I heard they were ordering each boat when someone had the $$ to put down.

I think they have found that most guys that are spending $100,000.00 Plus on a boat are pretty particular on what and how they want it laid out. When they were stocking some of these 26-30 range boats they constantly ran in to I'd take it if it only had this or that or rear helm any other must have the customer wanted in their dream boat.
    So now they are asking that you give them the list of what you want in a boat and work out the details with Wooldridge, and if you are a serious buyer not just a tire kicker, fly down to Wooldridge if you meet their criteria " and get the" see it touch it go for a ride in tour" of the shop to get a better feel of what the customer wants in his boat. Heck they are even willing to ship your custom boat up for free cant beat that, I'm sure as you all know shipping is a big part of the cost of your new boat.
    http://www.alaskapowersports.com/customboats.htm