Thread: 360 grain 45LC TrueShot hardcast load info wanted

Default 360 grain 45LC TrueShot hardcast load info wanted

Hi. My first post. Amigo Will suggested I should join. Anyhoo...
    I am requesting load info using H-110 powder to shoot 360 grain LBT hardcast bullets out of my Ruger
    Silverhawk 45LC 5.5 inch barreled Bisley-gripped revolver. Any suggestions for a starter load? Max load?
    Thank you.

Howdy. What's a Ruger Silverhawk

Sounds like you're really meaning a Ruger New Model Blackhawk (?). If so, Hodgdon has H-110 data for a 260 grain cast bullet on their site. http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

360 grains or 260 grains?

Three sixty grainers. Laser-Cast has them in their TrueShot bullet selection.
    Regarding a Silverhawk, its an unofficial name for a stainless Blackhawk.
    I also call my Target Gray Super Redhawk as a Grayhawk.
    Adds a bit of enjoyment to the game. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by swmn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Hodgdon has H-110 data for a 260 grain cast bullet on their site. http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/
    360 grains or 260 grains?
    Sorry, that was a dyslexia typo on my part. Hodgdon does have a load for a 360...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thanks for the info.
    I checked with Hogdon and they recommend 18 grains as a starting point. 21 is max.
    I do appreciate it guys. Thanks.

OP, since you maybe getting bullets from Oregon Trail Bullets, send them an e-mail and they will sent you a copy of their load data. In the mean time the data that I have from Oregon Trail Bullets is:
    360g, .452GC
    H110 starting load 18.5 velocity-1077; MAX LOAD 20.5 grains velocity 1221 OAL 1.655
    W296 starting load 19.5 grains velocity-1113; MAX LOAD 21.5 grains velocity-1223 OAL 1.655
    WARNING; These loads exceed factory standards and are ONLY to be used in Ruger and Freedom Arms in good condition. It is recommended that guns be inspected by a competent gun smith.

Proceed with caution, but have fun. I have shot bullets from Oregon Trails for several years and have been very happy with them.

AK Bearcat... Thanks for the information. 18.5 grain H-110 starting load. 20.5 max load.
    Unfortunately no gunsmith in town. Revolver is in excellent condition, I'm not too concerned. Just waiting on the dies.

Welcome to AOD.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you