Thread: Figure 8 Trail Map?

Default Figure 8 Trail Map?

Im headed out to Figure 8 for the first time...But I'm having trouble finding a decent trail map! Can anyone help me out? My google-fu keeps leading me to a Figure 8 in Alberta. Thanks in advance!!

Go down to the gasplant on Ayrshire road of the KGB and park in the public parking. Head right down the side of the road toward Sleeping Lady. At the end of the road the trail keeps going straight toward the mountain, in about 6 miles there will be a 6"x8" adfg sign that is the turn for Flathorn, keep going another 2 miles and there will be an identical sign on the left that is the turn for Figure eight. The trail has orange reflective markers on the trees but is easily visible, it's like a highway, Figure Eight is 7.5 miles after you turn. In about 6.5 miles you'll cross two little lakes and run under the power lines, keep going you are almost there. I had never been other than via airplane until last weekend and had the same worry you do, fear not it's really easy to spot the turnoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Go down to the gasplant on Ayrshire road of the KGB and park in the public parking. Head right down the side of the road toward Sleeping Lady. At the end of the road the trail keeps going straight toward the mountain, in about 6 miles there will be a 6"x8" adfg sign that is the turn for Flathorn, keep going another 2 miles and there will be an identical sign on the left that is the turn for Figure eight. The trail has orange reflective markers on the trees but is easily visible, it's like a highway, Figure Eight is 7.5 miles after you turn. In about 6.5 miles you'll cross two little lakes and run under the power lines, keep going you are almost there. I had never been other than via airplane until last weekend and had the same worry you do, fear not it's really easy to spot the turnoff.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll catch some pike in your honor