Thread: GoLite Sale?

Default GoLite Sale?

Anyone know when GoLite.com has sales? A friend of mine got a big discount last fall on his SL 2 tent when they had a several day sale. Anyone know if they do that regularly or if it is a black friday kind of thing? I've been looking at the SL 5 for years and any discount would be great.

As far as I know they don't have an SL2. But they are seeling the SL3 right now for $299 where they say the normal price is $500. I think I bought my SL3 for $200. http://www.golite.com/Shangri-La-3-Tent-P46713.aspx

They are also selling their Damaree 800 down fill jacket now for $119.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    they are seeling the SL3 right now for $299 where they say the normal price is $500.
    I'm pretty sure that is their sneaky way of making it look like they are offering a discount. They are saying that comparable tents from other makers can cost $500

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaZag View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is their sneaky way of making it look like they are offering a discount. They are saying that comparable tents from other makers can cost $500
    Yes, that could be their ongoing price....that's why I said I bought mine for $200. They do have better "sales" but when that is is anybody's guess......

Pretty sure that the pirce shown in gray was the price they use to go for when they sold through distributers and stores. They cut out the middle man, hence you never see them in stores anymore. Prices did go up on the SL's $50 from what I paid last year though. And they do make an SL2 now, it's a tarp in the shelter section.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
    And they do make an SL2 now, it's a tarp in the shelter section.
    That's cool.....didn't know that. I would have associated all the SL's with the teepee style but I see this SL2 "tarp" is more like a tent. Floorless and under 2 pounds. Sounds like a good one for a solo hunter but is probably pretty tight for 2.