Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan Moose Men? Worst Alaskan TV show ever.

Default Alaskan Moose Men? Worst Alaskan TV show ever.

I'm not kidding, watching this train wreck and I can't look away. Why do people allow themselves to be portrayed like such fools? Such staged BS.

I saw the last 5-10 minutes...it seemed to me that it is in concert with The Alaska Moose Federation. If so, I will cut them some slack. What little I saw was the stereotype those that don't live here believe in...
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Is this a series or was it a single show. I watched the first one and was disgusted, so I didn't know if this was a re-occurring nightmare on tv with new episodes, or just the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    I saw the last 5-10 minutes...it seemed to me that it is in concert with The Alaska Moose Federation. If so, I will cut them some slack. What little I saw was the stereotype those that don't live here believe in...
    I believe its to be a series. I knew last year it was in production. Regarding the AMF its no secret I believe that entire association is a scam so I'd cut that show even less slack Folks that do those types of shows typically do them for the attention and or marketing purposes. In doing them I think they either don't consider the possible negatives or simply don't care. What channel? Guess I better check it out

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tdelarm again.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I got him for ya!!

I guess tha AMF has made the leap from a non-profit to a profit organization ?

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    excuse the ignorance... but "spread some reputation?"
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Check the notifications on the upper right of the screen. I sent you a "rep"...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlak2fl View Post
    excuse the ignorance... but "spread some reputation?"
    See the little green box under your screen name and the word "Member" those are reputation points. See how you have one and dkwarthog has many? Forum members give each other "rep" points when a person posts something they like. He just wanted you to know that he tried......

The "spread some reputation" comes from a screen that will pop up if you have given one person too many rep points before giving it to others first. In other words.... the person tried to "rep" you but wasn't allowed. By him typing "you must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tdelarm again."
    He basically just wanted you to know that he tried......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Have you noticed that most reality shows, show morons at their colorful best. I interviewed for one show and they wanted folks to be fools.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    Have you noticed that most reality shows, show morons at their colorful best. I interviewed for one show and they wanted folks to be fools.

Ron
    some of these reality shows are based on things many of us hunters/fisherman/outdoors people do all the time. like you are saying Ron they want people who can be fools and prone to disaster. without these qualities there wouldnt be much entertainment value. if everything was done correctly and without incident it would prob be pretty dull. i thinks that why i cant hardly stomach the vast majority of these shows because they are so built up and over the top from reality they should be labeled as "an idiots guide to whatever the show happens to be about". morons at their colorful best indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjustinm View Post
    some of these reality shows are based on things many of us hunters/fisherman/outdoors people do all the time. like you are saying Ron they want people who can be fools and prone to disaster. without these qualities there wouldnt be much entertainment value. if everything was done correctly and without incident it would prob be pretty dull. i thinks that why i cant hardly stomach the vast majority of these shows because they are so built up and over the top from reality they should be labeled as "an idiots guide to whatever the show happens to be about". morons at their colorful best indeed.
    Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty would agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmikk View Post
    Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty would agree with this.

bob i was trying to look at your avatar and see if i recognized where you were. what part of MT?

Indeed. It's so easy to pick apart all the stuff these guys should, or shouldn't do. But the one that always amazes me is.....here is a guy that is supposed to be a bada*s Alaskan and he shoots a halibut INSIDE the boat. Then he looks at the whole in the boat and says "uh-oh". I'm sure they had him do that, but how would anybody in their right mind want to be portrayed that way? I guess I just don't get it.

I guess if anybody would know about it, it would be Smitty. I'm sure they wanted him to do some stupid things too, but if I recall he pretty much put his foot down and said he wouldn't do anything he didn't feel comfortable with. And that's why his segment is the best AK. reality show on tv today.....that I've seen anyway imo.

Never even heard about this Moose Men show.........what network?

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Indeed. It's so easy to pick apart all the stuff these guys should, or shouldn't do. But the one that always amazes me is.....here is a guy that is supposed to be a bada*s Alaskan and he shoots a halibut INSIDE the boat. Then he looks at the whole in the boat and says "uh-oh". I'm sure they had him do that, but how would anybody in their right mind want to be portrayed that way? I guess I just don't get it.
    my guess would be either fame or money but i cant speak for anybody, maybe just fun. i suppose it would be hard to have someone approach you and shell out some cash for you to make a public spectacle of yourself for others entertainment. if you needed the cash its probably hard to say no. without being in these peoples shoes its difficult to speculate their reason. I know i wouldnt want to be portrayed as some are on TV. maybe stranger has something to say about all this and his motives for wanting to be followed by cameras. i think he may be an exception to this discussion of disasterous reality shows. im not familiar with "smittys" reality show, what is/was he on?

bob i was trying to look at your avatar and see if i recognized where you were. what part of MT?
    CJ

That is on Lake McDonald, Glacier Park. Spend most of the summer weekends on that lake. Some nice lakers in there with bull and cuts.

Bob

But stop to think of the value if you showed correctly , how to plan, execute and come home from a hunt. Most people learn from that kind of show. Look at how much time,energy, money and possibility lives could be saved. Alaska is/has enough eye candy without the need for idiots. Why would people watch the type of people we despise? Why not make a show about people stuck in LA traffic or I-95?

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

maybe stranger has something to say about all this and his motives for wanting to be followed by cameras. i think he may be an exception to this discussion of disasterous reality shows. im not familiar with "smittys" reality show, what is/was he on?
    My bad......I meant to say "stranger", (Life Below Zero) don't know why in the world I typed "smitty"...... CRS moment.....lol

Chip has a good head on his shoulders. His down to earth approach is not only refreshing but you learn something. He posted last year on this topic saying the money was good and he could do what he wanted not the director.

Ron

Edwin Hubble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast