Thread: sportjon bow tanks

Talking sportjon bow tanks

Hey folks, Looking for someone who may already make bow tanks for the sport jon. I cant imagine i'm the first fella that went looking for some, so I didnt see a reason to reinvent the wheel any info or advice would be appreciated. Additionally how many folks have used the smartcraft gauge that the boat shop sells? I'm interested in putting one in my sport jon mostly for tracking fuel consumption. but the 395.00 price tag has me a little nervous about experimenting. Fuel gauges just are not going to do the trick, between driving, floating and different loads their are just to many angles to trust one.

Thumbs up

Call Karold @ Karold's welding 374-9116, he does superb work at a very reasonable rate. He makes the bow tanks, 30 gal ea, but I'm sure he'll make whatever gallonage you'd like. I'm going to get a pair for hunting in September.

I installed a Smartcraft guage on my SportJon 200 opti and if you're wanting to track fuel usage, you won't be sorry you spent the $$. The nice part of it is the ease of installation. Just plug one end of the harness from the guage into the other end of the harness on the motor...plug and play. You'll be amazed at how inaccurate your stock fuel guage is...

Hope this helps,
    Matt

Thanks Ellamar that helps need to talk with karolds anyway I have developed a crack on the bottom of the boat about 10 inches long. I think it must be rough roads on that tricker trailer; there doesnt seem to be an impact point. thanks again happy motoring

Quote Originally Posted by trbndoc View Post
    how many folks have used the smartcraft guage that the boat shop sells?
    I have a Smartcraft guage hooked up to the 200 Optimax in my Jetcraft Extreme Shallow and it is one of the best investments I have made. Not only can you track total fuel usage you can watch what you are burning per hour instantly. Just letting off on the throttle a touch may save you over 1 gallon per hour but not lose any noticeable speed. With the Smartcraft you can also monitor engine temp, water pressure, voltage, rpm and a few other things. I highly recommend them.

Thumbs up

Thanks crumm based on what you and Elamar and a few others who have written in private I believe that I am sold I'll let you folks know how it goes.

Thanks again