Thread: Shopping Online?

Default Shopping Online?

Have you fellas found a site that offers free or low cost shipping for things like bullets? I believe Midway does the free shipping deal if you spend X amount of dollars, but I'm not sure this applies to AK?

Usually the flat rate boxes are the best I can get for bullets unless it is a special promotion or something. Just be sure to ask if it is valid in AK as many are not.

Depends on what your after, anything in particular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Depends on what your after, anything in particular?

would like some .308 180gr Nosler Partitions.. And possibly some brass.

I suspect Brownells would be fair on shipping those, they'll ship usps, they had a free shipping I've $100 just recently, not sure if it's still good.

I suspect Brownells would be fair on shipping those, they'll ship usps, they had a free shipping I've $100 just recently, not sure if it's still good.

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out now.

Shipping to/from Alaska is a real mess right now because the Post Office changed the rates all around. Iím finding the flat rate boxes are usually bottom dollar now even for light things, all my shipping across the board seems to be up about 30% thanks to the Postmasterís killing of Parcel Post shipping.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I have messed around looking to buy bullets of the internet from all the common sites, midway, brownells, etc. Unless you absolutely cannot find what your looking for locally, it is cheaper and easier, IMO, to buy stuff off the shelf and pay the slightly higher price to have it in hand and not pay the shipping.

I've bought some brass and some bullets online, but pretty much if I cant get it free shipping off of amazon or something, I don't buy it online.....

For 30 cal partitions, they are available often at the places I check, 3 bears, SW, etc.....

I actually prefer to order from Brownells and have them backorder my items. They ship backorders for free......
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    I actually prefer to order from Brownells and have them backorder my items. They ship backorders for free......
    Oh that's good to know. I always try to avoid back order but it may change that a bit.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I gotta say I prefer to order through my local store. Sure I might have to wait, but it builds my relationship with the store and keeps the money local. Lotta payoff in good will and great service for that consideration over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I gotta say I prefer to order through my local store. Sure I might have to wait, but it builds my relationship with the store and keeps the money local. Lotta payoff in good will and great service for that consideration over the years.
    That is predicated on finding a local store willing to talk to you in such a manner as to NOT make you never want to go back... Hard to find around here...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

That is predicated on finding a local store willing to talk to you in such a manner as to NOT make you never want to go back... Hard to find around here...
    Sometimes, the employees, or even the store owners develop a kind of arrogance, and an aggressive "know it all" attitude. It seems like there is just something about GUNS that brings is out.

I've noticed it over the years in Anchorage and the Valley. The only thing in common though, is ME. So, take that for what it's worth.

Let's just say, I have no SPECIAL LOCAL STORE I like to shop for shooting supplies and the like.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Pardon the typos. I'm enjoying a growler of G.B. Imperial Blonde.
    For common pistol go with Montana Gold or Berry's Bullets for flat rate shipping. With Cabela's arrival, free shipping when you pick up at store. Try Widener's for bulk or Grafs for hard to find bullets. There are lots of online options for Alaskans. Don't be at the mercy of Big Box stores. Flat rate is your friend!